Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 11-16-2004, 09:36 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

its 11:22 rip go to bed.............i dont want to hear it lol
Old 11-16-2004, 09:40 PM

I want to get some feedback from everyone just to see if i am right about something. I was in the woods today hunting. I gout there about 2:30 and was settled in about 15 min later. I was parked about 120 yards from my spot so i dont smell up the place. So about 4:15 not one but 2 trucks pull up about 50 yards form me and to guys exit and stomp into the woods AT MY SPOT and think there going to hunt. Mind you it gets dark about 5:10. my question is should I have gotten down and beeten these morons to a bloody pulp or stay and sit there and not do anything. I mean who in there right mind gets into the woods 1 hr before dark and expects to havest something. I cant stand "hunters" and i use that term in the lowest regards when speaking of they 2 bafoons, that dont know what the proper way to hunt. they had drive past where i was parked and if they had half a brain they should have stopped there and waled in but earlyer. What they should have done is make sure that the patch of woods they want to hunt IS NOT AL READY HUNTED. I AM SO PEE OFF. I am going out tomarrow morn for an early hunt so i will not have to worrie about them (hopefuly) because they will be at work. So i will chalk this up to one of thoes days I wish i had stink boms to put in there trucks lol. Wish me luck tomarrow morn and atma hope you have a better time in the woods then me tomarrow
Old 11-16-2004, 09:58 PM

Cant sleep yet to pumped up about tomarrow hunting trip i want to nail that big boy that has been comming into my stand and eating all my corn. I hope he is more than 200lbs because that is how much corn he ate already.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:00 PM

Het Hunter. you going deer hunting Sat? you will most likely be eating deer meat while hunting deer.Hope you get another good buck. Been seeing a few bucks chaseing does here around home.But do not hunt deer here.good luck.bigkentk
Old 11-17-2004, 03:00 PM

Bigkentk You bet I am I still got a doe tag and some of the guys going with us will have extra tags also. We try to help everyone fill there tags. I cant wait so excited. I hope you are going and I wish you Luck in baggin a biggun. Jimmy
Old 11-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Typical Buck

Hi, I'm 40yrs old and live in Western Washington. I love to hunt but haven't done much recently. I was diagnosed with Central Nervous System Vasculitis five years ago and suffered four strokes in that time. Remission and Relapse, etc. Currently, I'm trying for disability and am in the first round of appeals right now. So, I've spent all I had on medical bills. It's certainly no fun having no funds.

There was a hunter here from Oregon and another who wanted help. I am willing but unfortuneately can't really this season. Perhaps, if there is enough time left in this season, I could. I don't drive until I'm cleared by my docs. But I'm am mobile if limited. I can walk on flat ground. It's going downhill which hurts (ostioprosis from meds). I've gutted a couple of deer in my lifetime.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:28 AM

Welcome Mite I totally understand about your fight for disability, it took me 5 years but finally got it. The back pay was nice though. Then the real fun begins trying to figure out how your gonna live on what they give you. I was born and raised in Kansas but I couldnt survive there on my disability pay with out one of my kids helping me so I moved here as the medicaid and state help is much more liberal. My thoughts on helping others is wait until you get yourself set up as you said its no fun not having funds. Id offer anyone a hunt here but I dont own any land so it would have to be public land and the hunting there is marginal. Just hang in there and dont give up as social security disability is a fight most times. We will be here for support and if you just want to talk. once again welcome to the forum. Jimmy
Old 11-28-2004, 04:42 AM

Bigkentk I got my doe on opening day, Ive been going out trying to help my friend fill his tags but so far we havent seen any that we could shoot all were on private land. My doe was kind of a shock, I cant guess distances worth a chit and my doe was out in the middle of a field eating when I shot her my buddy pulled out his range finder and told me that was one hell of a shot and told me that she is at 242 yards and I dropped her on the spot. While field dressing I found that I blew her heart in to 3 pieces. I was really shocked at the distance cause had I'd known I never would of taken the shot, I guess that .270win of mine is a pretty dang good shooter. I was so proud and the fellas that were with me was blowed away. Needless to say I kinda rubbed it in on who is the greatest shot. They started teasing me calling me dead eye. This is the first year I filled both tags and I got a bunch of meat now. I hope you did as well. Jimmy
Old 11-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Ida, grats on the fine shot. 242 yards is quite a long shot and a one shot kill on top of that. It must have looked like the size of an ant at that distance.

For me, I'm not that bad off. Wash State is a very libreal state (bad for hunting but good disabled ppl). They'll pay for housing and partial food allowance. I have no dependants and have enough work credits to get just over 1k/month. It just this waiting time is driving me out of my mind! I qualify for disability. My docs say if anyone needs it, it's me and have been trying hard to get it for me. But disability i guess sees it differently (I breath therefore I don't qualify - cynicism).

Hopefully, next year I'll be able to get out there. I've looked up Fish & Wildlife disability permit and I just may qualify.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:48 PM

I am from Oklahoma just outside of Tulsa and i Guess i qualify as disabled scince i finally got my social security disability not ssi i am 47 and have had a broken back in five places scince i was 17 for years it wasnt much problem to hunt normally about 15 years ago i decided that i really didnt belong in trees and scince i hunt on ground i feel much more secure the last 3-5 years my back has gotten progressivly worse so now i just drive the truck in and set up a lawn chair within 30 yards of it but i would not trade the thrill of complete senses when the woods are just starting to get awake for a new day in this great land of ours. There is nothing in a book or a movie that even comes close to this event that makes me feel so in tune to our world. I would like help in picking out a reasonably priced crossbow as i have not been able to bow hunt in about twenty years i have decided with the added time on my hands to make the most out of the total season but again on ground unless you know of a very safe platform ladder system no more trees for me im still walking and they told me at 17 that i would never walk again ha ha i walked out of that hospital listening to them bitch about you are supposed to be in wheel chair and because of the great spirit or creator god whatevert you chose i can still walk thanks creartor woulsd love to help someone who cant get out on there on there own i just cant lift but cann drive and will help.
jd
[X(]

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.