Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 11-02-2004, 11:09 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

bigkentk Thanks buddy I really appreciate it. Your friendship really means alot to me. I hope that maybe some day we can meet, I would love to sit and visit awhile some time. Thanks again. Jimmy
Old 11-02-2004, 11:27 PM

Hunter. no problem.just watching out for us little guys.some day our paths will cross but untill then keep your powder dry and go get those bushytails you were talking about.bigkentk
Old 11-07-2004, 05:14 PM

bigkentk I went out to where I seen all the squirrels and didnt go in as there were bow hunters in there and I didnt want to scare any deer off so ill just wait till a weel day and go in. Jimmy
Old 11-09-2004, 11:23 PM

Well I am glad that this forum keeps going. Here is an update on my situation. I have the best wife in the world, at the end of last hunting season she bought me a Polaris 330 Trail Boss 2004. What a machine, and it has made this season so far the best of my life. My best friend and I set up my three ladder stands up in under half the time it took before I got the ATV and I don’t feel bad because he has to hump all the gear in with me watching and not being able to do anything. I can bait my own piles and I don’t have to worry about someone coming with me to drag my monster buck out for me (when I finally get one). It is like I got the legs that I always wanted. Many of my fellow disabled hunters might know what I am talking about when I say it is like a freedom that I never had. It is hard to put into words on how it makes me feel. I can say this, for the first time in my life I feel like everyone else.

I started scouting in early September on my ATV and I have found some really good spots to hunt and I have talked to my local police and they don’t have a problem with me using the ATV for hunting. In my state it is illegal to ride an ATV on state land. I know it is so stupid but our governor thinks that ATV are too dangerous and there for he put this stupid law into effect. What it really is, is parents don’t teach there kids how to ride and be safe when doing it. When there kid gets hurt or killed because he decided to ride a crossed the parkway and got mowed over. The governor said it was the ATV not the kid that caused the death. RIGHT? Well enough of about that, I got all my stands up and now I have been out in the woods hunting and I really love it. I have been asked to hunt with a club because of all the cherry spots I got. Yea now they want me. I have not decided about that yet, it might be fun to go out with a club and make some new friends. However where were they when I did not have an ATV and not one spot to hunt? Umm I know they were out hunting having a grand old time and not caring about me. So I might just stick to what I am doing.

I am glad that all of you my fellow disabled hunters are finally talking and getting to know each other. I have been thinking about making up a small news letter for all that want to join and submit stories and maybe share hunts and sell some gear. Not like every other hunting magazine but for disabled hunters. We can start by doing over the internet and see where it goes from there. I will look into a program for this kind of thing but I need some feed back on this let me know if this is a good idea. Again I am glad to see everyone come together like this. Talk to you all soon and happy hunting all.

Michael Bucci
www.MDBFishingtackle.com
ps here is my baby that changed my life.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:28 AM

Hello, Lord Ripper

Can't wait to have more time to read all the posts on your thread,, i would love to talk and share what lil knowledge i have about many things.
Again, hello and see ya around
Old 11-10-2004, 12:02 PM

Cool glad that your interested in our thread. what kind of hunting do you do ?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:54 PM

Lord Ripper That is so cool I've been wanting one ever since I became disabled but I just dont have the money for one, I even tried to trade my new 4 wheel electric scooter for a used one but no takers. Im glad that you got one its a nice lookin one to. Congrats. Jimmy
Old 11-10-2004, 07:18 PM

Lord Ripper I definately like the idea of a news letter or magazine something that would bind us all together. Great Idea I hope you run with it and I'll do what ever I can to help just let me know.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:37 PM

Well I have a few hunting stories of my own but I need some stories of others. Also what gear works best , pictures and things. So spread the word email me some stories and pictures. I will do the best that I can.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:27 PM

Lord Ripper give me a day or so and I'll try to put some things together

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.