Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 10-11-2004, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hunter, that really sucks.Just wondering if thats her boy friend or not?that news really stinks.bigkentk.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:59 PM

bigkentk I really dont know if its her boyfriend or not. I was just so blowed away by it all not to mention the expense and then find out I cant hunt there really bummed me out. Im still pretty upset about it but I gotta let it go it aint worth all the headaches. So I guess its back to the old public lands again. Anyway with the Tzone I get a little advantage as its doe only but I can take a buck then so hopefully I will do ok on a fair size one. I got a question for you a newbie like me on turkey hunting what would you recommend on a call to start with so I can at least practice until I get a chance to go. I dont think I can handle a mouth call due to to many missing teeth so I thought about a friction call but dont know what I should get, Ive seen glass, slate, aluminum and box calls any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2004, 11:10 PM

Hunter.The best answer i can give you is buy one and play with it untill you learn how to call with it. I myself like the slate calls.but i also use the egg and the double clucker they are about the easyist to use.buy one and just keep at it. bigkentk.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:17 PM

bigkentk thanks I liked the slate one so thats what I will go with and just practice my but off. I am going to get the one that comes with a cd on how the calls should sound so I wont be totally lost Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:27 PM

Hey bigkentk are ya doin any good with your huntin? I hadnt heard anything so I thought I would ask. A guy I hunt with who is also disabled has talked his 38 year old son into taking me turkey hunting this spring we will be in area 59B close to where I live so at least I will get the basics, I have deer hunted with him before and hes a good kid but seems to forget that I cant walk as far or as fast as he does but I will keep reminding him. Jimmy
Old 10-17-2004, 10:48 PM

Hey Hunter, Was up north tues thru sun. at the deer camp getting it ready.Did see a few deer while there.Did not hunt at all though.Glad you were able to hook up with someone closer to you to hunt with.just have get a turkey call and play with it a little and you will be calling turkeys in no time. bigkentk.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:38 AM

bigkentk Sounds like you got everything set up and I wish you good luck and hope you bust a biggin. I am glad that I will be going out with some one who can teach me what I need to know about turkey huntin, that will be a big help! Jimmy
Old 10-18-2004, 07:33 PM

hunter ,wish i could have everything ready but not so helping a friend build a new hunting shack from ground up . so far we got the ground pretty well taken care of its the up part that sucks now.we will hunt during the day and work at night.you going deer hunting this year?hope so.bigkentk
Old 10-18-2004, 08:01 PM

bigkentk man building from the ground up would suck but once its all done you can kick back and take it easy and feel good about a job well done. Yes I am planning on deer hunting this year I am just waiting for the T zone to open on the 28th then gotta wait till the regular season. I am hoping to do real good on a Buck as I am on a team and dont want to let the guys down. Its all for fun but I do feel a little pressure but I am enjoying it. I will keep you posted on my progress. I went out today squirrel hunting and didnt see a thing, spent 4 hours in the woods and nothing. I hope I do better with the Deer.LOL Jimmy
Old 10-18-2004, 08:38 PM

hey are you guys still talking about diabled hunters?

I have a friend that has recently been disabled. THis will be the first year hunting since the accident and I was wondering about feelings?

He killed a deer with a bow the 2nd day of season and was very excited but then seemed to be bummed that he couldn't drag, clean, or cut up anything. I understand the low feeling but ......

What about it?

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.