Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 09-27-2004, 07:43 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

hi im new im dis hunter hurt my back had surgery cant walk to good now and now i have to use a crossbow im going to miss compound bow this is my first time to use a crossbow and cant go to some of my hunting place to far to walk im 43 and going to miss the thing done before i live in hermitage pa. i move their a year ago now have to find new place to hunt .
Old 09-27-2004, 10:46 PM

Finding a place to hunt has been a pain for me to. Thank god that my brother is a expert hunter and he has set me up nicely for this up comming season. I cant wait to go hunting this year. I am going to get me a big rack this year and fill my freezer to make my famouse stew. Hang in there where there is a will there is a way. Never give up and hope your season goes well.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:48 AM

hey thanks my freind is leting me use his atv so i can go to some hunting spot
Old 09-29-2004, 04:37 AM

1dahunter; Man they sure stick it to ya there for basic phone service!!! It's only $23.00 here in Arkansas. I hope you understood the phone card deal I was talking about. You only need ONE phone card.....put $10.00 bucks or so on it at Walmart (at .05 per min that's 3 bucks per hour) then as that card gets close to running out of time just take it back in and get more minutes put back on it. Useing the same card makes it alot easier to remember your number cause you won't have a different number every time you get a card. I'm glad everything is working out for you for this hunting season!!! I'm ready to get up in my tree lounge and bust a buck!!! Just a couple more days here!!!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:35 AM

metalback thanks for the redirection on the phone card I found what you were talking about and I got it thanks again it is really appreciated!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:12 AM

Hey bigkentk I went out last weekend and found out that the 120 acres is all woods but it borders a 80 acre corn and bean field, the turkeys roost in the 120 and feed in the 80 and the man that owns the 80 is a boyfriend like to the lady that owns the 120 so she is going to ask him if he would allow us to hunt turkey on his 80. I am going out again next weekend to set up a ground blind so the deer will be used to it being there come opening day and I should find out if we will be able to hunt the 80 this spring. As soon as I know I will let you know. If I cant buy a shotgun by then I have a friend that will loan me his 12 gauge pump with poly choke so I will be set. Jimmy
Old 10-05-2004, 11:10 PM

Hunter, Sounds good. Went up to Hayward this weekend to get in a little hunting and popped a nice doe.Saw a few bucks while there but they were not clo9se enough for a good shot.Have to tell me the ladies name and address so i can find her land in my plat map so i know where to go when the time comes. Did you happen to make a trip in to Adams while you were up there? bigkentk.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:21 AM

bigkentk Congrats on the doe I am going out tomorrow to set up my ground blind and I will get her last name and address all I know is her first name is Adeline. I have only gone to her place which is in adams county.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:11 PM

if you send me a picture I may be able to come up with something. I have a freind that is great with wood working and can make anything out of wood. Send me pictures and some measurements if you can. I will try to come up with something.

Michael
Old 10-11-2004, 09:29 AM

bigkentk well adams county is a bust. I was out putting up my ground blind when this guy comes up on a atv and asks me what I am doing, I told him that I was putting up a ground blind and he said did addie say you could hunt here and I told him yes she did well he proceeds to tell me that he bought the land from her 12 years ago after her husband died and she is a little senile and doesnt remember it. He was very nice about it and even apolagized for all my troubles. So I guess its back to public land . I was really bummed out all weekend but there isnt much I can do about it.

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.