Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 09-17-2004, 10:35 AM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

bigkentk I am always joking around about my disabilitys I figure I have to live with em so might as well have some fun with it, I cant let it get me down. Lifes to short to sit around and piss and moan about it i just accept it and go on. Had afriend come over wednesday to visit when she got ready to leave her car wouldnt start so I spent 1/2 a day yesterday working on it and got it going for her but boy I am paying for it now back is killing me but oh well, I refuse to sit in a recliner and wait for the grim reaper he is gonna have to catch me LOL. The price I got on that Thompson Center was from the Possibles shop on the internet. I was in a pawn shop last month when I found one that looked like new and it was only $69.95 but when I checked the barrel it looked like it had been fired a few hundred times and never cleaned the barrell was ruined so I know thats why it was so cheap. I like the kentucky long rifles to but there again the prices are more than I can afford. I am waiting till next year when my homestead tax refund comes in then I will know how much I will have. I am in the process of trying to find another vehicle my 82 dodge one ton van needs alot of work and I just dont want to put much more money in it. Its a shame I have a new 4 wheel scooter that cost $4000.00 and I cant even trade it for a used car or atv I even offered it to a friend who needs it for a rifle and got turned down, I guess they are not that badly needed, or wanted. So it just sits here in my living room. I take it out occasionally just to keep the batterys in good shape. Hell I might camo it and act like its a ATV LOL.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:46 AM

1dahunter-
it is one thing to laugh at your disabilities but it is another when you make fun or belittle those who are not mobile.some who sit in a recliner can not do anything else.they are just happy to be alive.you make it sound like those people are just too lazy or they just do not want to do anything..it is 100% wrong to laugh at or make fun of any disability
Old 09-17-2004, 03:19 PM

Dep214 Please understand I was only refering to myself and no one else. I would never make fun of any one or there disabilitys. I am very sorry if I made it sound as though I was. I am deeply sorry if I have offended anyone with my statements as it was not intended. I know that there are lots of others that are worse than I, and I did not direct this to them only myself. Once again I am truly sorry if I have offended any one for I did not mean to. Please forgive me. I appreciate that you called me on this because if you took it as an insult or that I was making fun of others then I wrote it wrong for that was not my intentions. I was only making reference to my self only. I cant appologize enough to those I may have offended. I ask for your forgiveness. Sincerely Jimmy A Walz
Old 09-17-2004, 09:36 PM

Hunter i understand where you were going dont have to read to deep to figure that one out.so anyhow when you going to scout your new area out?been looking for that smokepole your looking for.seems like the inlines getting all the attention and dealers just dont want the other guns most not sell enough to bother with them.saw a few deer out back tonight.one 6 andone 10 pointer.Dont see a lot around the house too much good food around yet.was wondering what gun you use for deerhunting?bigkentk
Old 09-17-2004, 11:07 PM

bigkentk Thanks for understanding, man I sure didnt mean to belittle anyone I will be more careful with my choice of words from now on. I will be going out to scout the property in adams county october 2nd she will be in off the road then. I am going to take my camera and set up a ground blind and go in before daylight and see if I can get some pics. If I had a game cam I would set it up on a trail and see whats going on but at present cant afford one. I had purchased an American Knight .50cal in line on auction arms for $129.99 and was going to use that but when I was offered a new Mossberg model 100 in 270 cal. I traded him and this is a nice shooter I topped it with a Tasco3-9x40 world class and I can get 3/4 inch shot groups at 100 yards. Thats if I dont flinch I am still working on not thinking about the recoil just slowly pull the trigger and let the gun suprise me when it goes off. Its a little tuff on my shoulder that I broke last year but at least when I am hunting I wont be firing that many rounds at once. It took me 26 rounds to get my scope dialed in. Needless to say I was sore that night. I will probably go ahead and get an inline they are cheaper but I would like to get it in stainless as black powder is very corrosive but Im sure you knew that. I wish I could sell my scooter for enough money to buy a muzzle loader, crossbow and turkey gun but nobody seems interested, It cost $4000.00 and only has about 15 hours on it. I guess I am stuck with it I went and bought a 21 speed mountain bike and use that for excercise I dont want the scooter as it makes me lazy. What do you use when you Turkey hunt? I have never been turkey hunting in my life but I really want to go but dont know the first thing about it and dont know anyone around here that does. Thanks again for understanding that makes me feel better cause I was really worried that I had offended some one but if you could see that it was not directed at anyone other than me then I feel better. Thanks Man Jimmy
Old 09-18-2004, 12:47 AM

Hey hunterseems like every time sombody says something you have to worry that you offended someone.seems to me that they just cant read between the lines.most of the guys that i talk to on these sites dont take every thing to heart.dont let it up set you after all you were talking to me an y how.seems like you got a good set up with what you got there.you will always hear that one gun is better then the other .every one has a better gun then the next guy.but you have to use what works best for you.as far as turkey hunting goes.i myself us a rem sp10.some people say thats over kill. but who cares that is what works for me.and i did not buy that gun just for turkey i also hunt geese a lot.as far as im concerned you can wack turkeys with just about any shotgun.the olny thing i look at is if im able to change choke tubes on the gun.i dont get into the hype of you need a gun that has camo on it either.the birs that i have killed i could have killed most of them with a rock.see if you can find any turkeys in the area where you live that you can hunt.then if you have a handicapped permit you apply for a tag in the zone where you are going to hunt.you should also check to see if there are any birds there in adams where you go to hunt deer.i guess i will haul my butt up there and go turkey hunting with you and get yourass all wound up about turkey hunting.should really get each and others tele no. bigkentk.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:56 PM

Hey bigkentk I do have a class a disabilty permit and I am going to try and get a shot gun asap, I like the idea of interchangable chokes. Do you think a 20 gauge will be powerful enough? I dont have a phone yet I am still working on that the phone co here is really expensive and their long distance rates are ridiculous. My step daughter moved in here last year and made a bunch of calls to Kansas and then moves back to Kansas leaving me with a horendous bill to pay but I have been makin payments and hopefully will be able to get it on soon. Jimmy
Old 09-20-2004, 10:39 PM

Hunter.a 20 ga. will do fine.you can shoot as far as a 12 ga.just place your shot where it has to be.thats all i used for years and killed a lot of game with one .besides you dont want a gun that will beat the heck out of the shoulders.there are a few guys i know who shoot then with 410s here.just have to set the decoys a little closer thats all.i use the big gun so i dont have to ever have to chase them down.bigkentk
Old 09-21-2004, 07:46 AM

Jimmy; Here's the best way to get your phone going I have found. All you need is just a regular account with the phone company---with no long distance included. It usually runs 20-25 bucks a month. Then that's the only money you will be giving them every month. Go to Walmart and get a phone card for 5 cents a minute. I ususally get 10 to 15 bucks put on my card at a time. All your local calls go right through on the regular account and any long distance calls you simply punch in your numbers from the back of your card and you don't have to get jerked around by the phone companies. It's only 5 cents a minute for any call in the US and you pay the phone company 0. The only thing to be aware of is if someone calls you collect----tell them you'll call them back real fast cause then the phone company will really stick it to ya. Good luck and hope all works out fine for ya. And yes a 20 guage will knock the socks off one of them there big gobblers!!!....Oh, I forgot---every time you need new time on your card bring the old one in and put the time on that one so you can remember the same number all the time ----piece of cake!!! The phone companies are trying to put a stop to these cards cause they're losing money cause of them but it will take time for them to do it. If ya ask me it's just another monopoly they have going for them to screw the little guy again!! Bust them Bucks!!!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:00 AM

I'm going to have to disagreee with these guys. If I were you, I'd buy a 12 gauge. I lost my only bird to a 20 gauge. I know it could happen with a 12, but it did happen with a 20. It was a pheasant, flying within easy range, I fired the first barrel, (full choke) and the bird disappeared in a cloud of feathers. This was about 30 yards away. I never fired the second barrel because I thought he'd go down after the first. It turns out, he wasn't fatal, yet. He flew over the trees towards the grass. I spent the better part of an hour searching for him, but without a dog it was hopless. I was using a 2 3/4 inch field load with #4 shot. That was the first and last bird I shot with that gun. I sold it the next day. I could no longer hunt with it in good conscience. I know others who will, with no problems, but that incident left a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry guys.

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.