Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 06-11-2004, 10:03 AM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hey pharaoh2. Not asking for any extra or anything free.Just a better chance so the disabled to be able to get a chance to hunt and maybe fill their tags. bigkentk.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: bigkentk

Hey pharaoh2. Not asking for any extra or anything free.Just a better chance so the disabled to be able to get a chance to hunt and maybe fill their tags. bigkentk.
Damn computers, couldn't post. O.K, BigKen, I'll buy that!
Old 06-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wrote this when I first joined here. I hope doing an update is alright with you folks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My best friend only has one arm. He lost his right arm in a bike accident 20 years ago, and yes, he was right handed. I met him after his accident(10 years ago) at a dog trial event. He is a profesional photographer,also a welder, gunsmith, carpenter,mechanic, electrician NASCAR driver. He has built 6 houses mostly by himself. I have seen him drop the transmission out of his vehicles(yes, I help). He is the best wingshot I have ever seen. He was on the CDN olympic skeet team for a while,he shoots IPCS. He reloads and builds his own rifles.

This man is my best friend, he does not know I am writing this. I personally do not even see that the arm is missing, to all concerned, niether does anyone else in our group of friends. He can do more with only that one arm now than most of us could hope to do with both of our arms in a given lifetime.

More power to you Dan!

Ron

Dated....May 11/02
Old 06-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Geez y'all "disbled" folks are shy !

All y'all gotta do is ask , we can't accomodate your individual need if we don't know what it is . In a couple of cases I've been sharing my thoughts with someone who can't climb hills as good as I can , but I didn't know . I'm a fatboy who smoked for thirty years , so I understand limitations to some degree . How about "standing tall" so we can all talk equal ? I prowl this forum sometimes , but I never see anyone asking for a tip or even a request for accessible hunting land . We have to know what we're dealing with to accomodate you , don't keep us in the dark .

Let me start the ball rolling , I don't have land , but I can can get accessible areas to hunt . I live in Southern Indiana , and I know plenty of good folks who have land that can be accessed . With a modest effort I can find more , and my state is blessed with oodles of good public land . I have gear to spare and gear to share . I have guns , recurve bows , and a crossbow , so I can accomodate a wide variety of hunting styles . The terrain in my area is hilly , but flatter ground is near if needed . The pop-up blind that I hunt from most often is wheelchair accessible , so cover is no problem . My home area has everthing from tree rats to whitetails and every critter in between that's native to east of the Mississippi . The fishing here is also pretty good too . E-mail is interested , if I can't set you up personally I know folks who can .

Who's next ?
Old 06-19-2004, 11:30 PM

Hey kevin1. Not all of us. we just do things a little diffrent a slower thats all. bigkentk.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:47 PM

hi lr that is very nice for you to let ppl hunt on your land.my name is mike and i live in oregon.I to am disabled with a bad limb and cant walk very far,expecially not on anything thats not solid or flat.I tried driving old logging roads last season and didnt produce nothing but a lot of fuel loss lol.well now that im looking i read somwhere someone was letting disabled ppl hunt on there land in wash,thought that was you sorry if i got this message wrong. so I you have any input i would appreciate all i can get this year im determend to fill my tag, no matter where i have to go lol..ty once again.( mike)ps if anyone knows where disabled ppl can hunt here in da pcific northwest around oregon washington area please leave a messege .or contact me at [email protected] .would really appreciate it.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:04 AM

Lookn2hunt,

Yes there is hunting available in th NW give Wayne1 a shout(PM). Wayne1 can accomodate guests & great hunting as well, super nice people him & his wife.

Hope this helps

Bldhound
Old 07-13-2004, 03:20 PM

thank you (b-h).yea I have allready lol.very nice guy world needs more of his kind
Old 07-16-2004, 10:00 AM

This is the first time i've been to the forums in awhile.I have a few limitations myself and can't quite do as i used to,due to a spine injury.If any of you are close enough to NC I would gladly do anything I could to accomadate you and try to get you on some deer,though they may not be record book class.Where I hunt is not over run with large deer,but could put you in a blind or stand where you stand a real good chance of killing one.I also plan to open an outdoor shop in late winter or spring and then will be glad to furnish any extra gear needed.We also have excellent trout fishing here.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Again...I've got an open invition to anyone that can make it up to my place......

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.