Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 01-09-2004, 02:35 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

A year ago this month I died
between some mighty smart doctors and the good lord
Am i reading that right? You ....(gulp) died>?
Old 01-19-2004, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

AK. I hope as I am sure you do that your son is with the greasest hunter and fisher of men ever. I feel for you and your family. God bless you and his memory. I am a disabled hunter who is for now anyway, able to hunt pretty well and spend a lot of time fishing. I had a lung removed because of cancer and had a bad heart attack while in the recovery room after surgery. I was unable to do anything for a year or more but thank God I have recovered far beyond what was our best hope. I can walk and hunt however not alone and VERY slowly. I have several side affects but have learned to live with them pretty well. I was in a coma for a couple months and for some reason have lost parts of my memory. No pattern to it but someone in the family or a friend will ask me if I remember this or that and it just ain't there anymore. I developed severe Arthritis in my left shoulder which has rendered it alomst usless. They are leary of trying to do surgery on it because of the last surgery I had. They think though that If I continue to improve then surgery on the shoulder might be an option. I am on SS diability because bouts of different things keep popping up and I can at best just do a little part time work. I spent most of my life as a carpenter/ pole barn bulilder. I can't make myself sell my tools as I keep hoping for more recovery. Anyway I thank god that I am able to keep doing some of the things I love to do. And realize that I am better off than many, many others. Best of luck to all of you and when I get moved back to my small farm in SD I will have room for some other disabled hunters.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:59 AM

Hello Lrd Ripper. There are a few of us out here. Just foun this forum while browsing. Good to hear there are a few people who care.Yes i am a challenged hunter myself.Like to hunt,fish,when ever i can.Lots of sad stories to be told how challenged people lose the skills to huntan fish.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:20 AM

Iam glad that yall have shown an intrest in this forum, keep comming in ,tell others and they will come. LOL I have been ill the last year and havent been able to come in but will more often now. Iam also a disabled hunter and fisherman. Theres a lot of people that have great ideas on how a person get into the woods to hunt. Keep up the great posts
Old 02-13-2004, 12:12 PM

Hey Hoghunter, Gee that was a quick reply.Sorry to hear you have been not feeling well.I been on other forums an their all about the same around hunting season everbody is on then after there is dead silence.I like to hunt an fish as much as i can.But you know when your on SS you are strapped for bucks thank god i had most of my gear before i got hurt.the real challange is finding diffrent ways to do things that were so simple back then but one thing you must never give up. bigkentk.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guy's...and Gal's....I have a disabled hunter that I help hunt my place every year...only reason he's the only one...is cus he's the only one I know.....If there's other's here in the state of Washington....feel free to contact me....I'd love to be there for ya......offer's open to any other's....even if your not from this great state
Old 02-14-2004, 12:54 PM

Hey Wayne 1, Sounds great you have no idea how good that offer sounds.Great the you take the effort to hunt with a hanicapped hunter.I was out in area about 7 years ago.Went on a cruise to Alaska through the inner passage.Trip was ok if you like floating around on a boat for nine days would rather had flown up and gotten on a fishing boat.Just was wondering what kind of game you can hunt in your area.Woul realy like some ay to get a crack at an elk.Bigkentk.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigkentk ...I have mainly whitetails, and bear on my place....plus all the usual small game like grouse, turkey, yote's...etc.. There's Elk around the area...but not the large herd's as you'd find in other area's and state's...plus where most of the Elk are....is really in some tough wilderness area.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:24 PM

Wayne,We have a few elk here in Wis.they brought them here thru the RMEF..But we only have about 80or so.Last year they had three tags here to hunt them and two went to the tribes and the other was auctioned off for 8000.00 so i guess in my life time i will never be able to hunt them here. Beart hunting is a joke here also my son been trying for a bear kill tag for 9 years now with no luck.The only thing we do have a lot of is deer.Our turkey numbers are going up every year and i can get a tag for them being handicapped the state gives us one free.bigkentk.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:05 PM

Is there anyone in Indiana who would like to take a wheelchair hunter out to get some game? I live in the Fort Wayne area.

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.