Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 09-02-2004, 10:59 AM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hey dep214 I am going to try and save enough so that after the visit with my kids next year I will be able to come on down. I will keep you informed when the time gets near. I think you have got one great opportunity to have your hunt on tv that is what we need so more people can see what we have to go through to be able to hunt and it might even make some land owners open their property to the disabled to hunt. The only reason I get to hunt this private land this year is because of my disability the lady said that she hasnt let anyone hunt her 120 acres in 30 years but if I respect her property she will continue to let me hunt it and I will be able to bring other disabled hunters with me. Super wonderful lady. Jimmy
Old 09-02-2004, 08:05 PM

Hey dep214. sounds like a heck of a set up you got there.i have hunted for 30 years and never been asked by other people to hunt with them.just to bad dont have any extra cash or i would take you up on that offer.just had a new pair of legs made and all extra money going to pay for them.would like to know when your going to be on outdoor moments show.when you dont get to hunt you watch some of the shows when you can.again thanks for the offer to hunt with you.bigkentk.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:12 PM

hunter hope you are able to make the trip down there.my son is a wiz at these puters so may be if your having problems i can pick his brain and get some answers to help out .cant think of a better reason for a man to go see his family and go hunting to boot.bigkentk
Old 09-02-2004, 09:08 PM

they have not set a date. it will be a hog hunt near palestine texas.these shows have a way of leaving you hanging.i am anti high fence hunting and was picked to be on a show here in texas. they never notified me that the hunt was called off.i drove all the way to the place and they knew nothing about it.the guys on outdoor moments are very down to earth and appear to be very honest.i will let you know.it will prob be next year from what they stated.
the place i hunt is extremely rugged.with me not being able to walk much it is like climbing mt everest.i can get withing about 100yds from where i need to be then i have to walk.i will use a walker if i am really tired otherwise i will use a long pole like a walking stick.i have to use my 4-wheeler for everything elseit is a beautiful place but it is also hard work
Old 09-02-2004, 09:23 PM

guess we will have to wait.that 100 yards seems like 100 miles when you struggle with every step.bigkentk.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:54 PM

it is all i can do to make the 100yds. i am sweating and hurting like mad when i get thereif i try to park any closer it is too close to the deer.a great deal of the time i use my walker so i will have something to prop myself on. otherwise i will fall.i fell once last year and rolled off a small hill. i just laid there and rested and got back up. i never hunted that area again. i am supposed to have someone with me when i go but i am just too stubborn sometimes
Old 09-03-2004, 12:12 AM

i hear you there on that falling and flopping around on the ground stuff.but snicker and think your not broken up to bad get my butt off the ground and carry on till the next time i meet the ground.bigkentk[8D]
Old 09-03-2004, 06:30 AM

Hey Guys it isn't that fall that bothers me, it is that sudden stop at the end!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:23 PM

hey bow shooter48 its not only the sudden stop that hurts its all the damm bouncing before the stop that hurts.bigkentk
Old 09-08-2004, 10:27 PM

bigkentk Thanks for allowing me to pick your sons brain when I need to on these computers that means alot. Sometimes I get in a jam and just cant figure a particular thing out but I am getting better. I am hoping that I will get to go see my kids and then go on down to dep214 place to hunt. That would be great but at the moment everything is on standby cause my wifes youngest daughter is in trouble and the talk is that we might get custody of her two daughters one is 2 and the other is 4 years old. Not something that I wanted to be raising 2 more children at my age but I figure the good Lord has been keeping me around for something so if its his will I will do. Jimmy

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.