Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 08-31-2004, 01:46 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hey bigkentk thanks a bunch I will get me a bonus tag and yes I am disabled, my walking is very limited due to chronic lower lumbar facet and they wont do the surgery because of my heart condition. [:@] So standing over 10 min or walking more than about 10 yards will cause a lot of pain and if I keep going I will fall cause I loose the feeling in my right leg and foot. I also suffer nerve damage due to the lower back problem. I wont quit though I just slowed down alot. Where there is a will there is a way. Thanks again for the info I am more excited now than ever. Jimmy
Old 08-31-2004, 10:58 PM

hey hunter.sounds like your a die heart hunter.i to am disabled.was involved in a farming accident in 86.lost both legs below the knees and right hand all at the same time.the only time i missed deer hunting.went right back at it the next year however.things really change fast and cme back slow when you get screwed up.the big problem for me is the cold with poor blood flow.but i cant think of anything i would rather do than hunt.bigkentk.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:45 PM

Hey bigkentk Sounds like you are the die hard hunter man my hat is off to ya. You have had to over come alot of obstacles to continue hunting. I had my last heart attack #14 in may 2001 and after an angioplasty they sent me home and said there was nothing they could do and I should just go home and take it easy. Well after about a week on my pitty potty I decided that if I am gonna die it might as well be while I am out hunting the one thing I love to do most instead of sitting in an easy chair waiting for the time. My biggest problem is financial SS disability just dont pay that much its tuff livin on $652.00 a month but I manage, 4 more months my mobile home will be paid for then it will be a little easier. Jimmy
Old 08-31-2004, 11:52 PM

i am in texas near dallas in a town named arlington. i am also disabled and will take another with me if they just get in touch with me.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:33 PM

Hey dep214 I used to live in Arlington in the late 80s I was only there a couple years when my now ex wife decided that she didnt like it so we moved back to Kansas and I am now in western Wisconsin. I would love to take you up on your offer but my funds are limited. What does an out of state license cost? It would be so nice to hunt deer with out freezing to death. Do you do any Boar hunting? I have always wanted to but dont have any here. This year is pretty well filled up for deer I finally got a land owners permission to hunt their land, but would definately be interested if I can afford the license next year. Thanks Jimmy
Old 09-01-2004, 06:07 PM

a 5 day out of state license in $45i have a good cabin. i usually have to hunt alone. being disabled it makes me unable to hunt at times and i just stay in the cabin. just mail me when you are ready
Old 09-01-2004, 11:38 PM

Hey dep214 what are the season dates? I would like to keep in touch cause next year will probably be when I can make it. I really do want to come down and hunt with you I think it would be a great time and make a new friend.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:03 AM

Hey hunter sounds like your life is no cake walk. things would be a little bit better if could get a few more bucks on the old ss check.would be cool if you would be able to get down to texas and hunt with de214.would like to go there some day but not enough cash to do that right now.the biggest challenge is trying to find things to keep active until hunting season rolls around.bigkentk.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:36 AM

either one of you guys are welcome to come down. the hunting will cost nothing. the owner will only let me take one at a time.the license is cheap also.i have one tower sand and one pop up stand. there are feeders on each one.we will have to help each other. my back is so bad my legs quit working at times.you can come down any time of the year. we have a few hogs but not many. we have all kinds of varmits. we all have lions.we are the inly hunters for about 5 miles in each direction.there are some cheap hog ghunting places here also. i go to one that is archery only. i have to use a crossbow. for $300 you are allowed 3 hogs any size. you also get a nice cabin to stay in. last year i had people from michigan come down to hunt hogs.this year i have people from michigan and washington coming down. we are suppose to hunt with the show on the outdoor channel called,"outdoor moments".they are really down to earth country guys.if anyone is interested my email is [email protected]
Old 09-02-2004, 10:47 AM

Hey bigkentk I agree it would be nice to get a few more bucks on the ss check. My kids live in Wichita Kansas and I try to save enough to go down and visit every couple of years and Arlington is about 420 miles from there so if I save enough I will definately go on down and and pay a visit to dep214. I have the same problem with trying to find things to do between hunting seasons. I had a friend give me some old broken computers and just tinkering and out of 3 I was able to get 2 of em going and sold them on ebay so now its a passion with me and the extra bucks help. I am no electronics wiz but after alot of research on the net I have learned alot and they really arent that complicated as I first thought. The computers I cant fix I strip for parts that I may be able to use on another one. It gives me something to do and takes up alot of my time. Jimmy

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.