Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 09-21-2004, 09:46 AM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

I agree a 12 guage has more knock down power but I was only thinking about his ability to withstand the recoil of the 12 guage---a 20 is a little less and has never been a problem for me to knock down quail, rabbits, squirrels, grouse, pheasents, turkeys. Have a great day all....
Old 09-21-2004, 10:56 AM

I suppose you may be right about the recoil factor, but most people would agree when using a 20 to shoot a 3". I belive that a 3" 20 kicks more than a 2 3/4 12. And like I say, I'm biased against the 20. That's just my flaw, and don't hold a grudge against me for it.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:31 PM

hey thats okay buy me Pharaoh2.sometimes you have to pull that second trigger even with a 12ga.bigkentk
Old 09-21-2004, 11:08 PM

Thanks metalback and pharaoh for your in put it is appreciated and metal back I will do just that on the phone co.

bigkentk I think I will get a 12 gauge I will just get a semi auto and some of the recoil will be used in recycling the gun. So it shouldnt be to bad. My luck is starting to turn around, my neighbor who is like a brother to me bought a new dodge truck yesterday and called me over to give me free his 87 buick which he had the engine and transmission gone through last year, he told me that he hated to see me constantly working on my old 1 ton dodge van which is 22years old. I will have to do some work on the car the rotors need replaced and I think I may have to change throttle body as this one sticks and will idle at 45mph down the road but I feel after I get those fixed it should be a pretty decent car. At least I hope. I am already pumped for my turkey huntin lesson. Here it is deer season around the corner and all I can think of is our gettin together and learnin how to turkey hunt. I called the lady in adams county but shes not off the road yet should be any day, I will ask her about turkey hunting I remember her saying somthing about it when we were visiting but what stuck in my mind was that If I treat her property with respect then I can come out any time and bring a few friends. Believe me I am not going to blow this opportunity. Jimmy
Old 09-22-2004, 12:30 AM

Hunter,maybe when your down there scouting for the deer hunt you may even see some birds or even sign that there are birds around.Then you have to figure what zone your in and apply for a tag .Thereare tags for people that have handicapped permits.When you down there look for field opening if there is any.the thing you have to remember is you have to file for your tag before Dec.10 this year.As soon as you get a land line going get me your number.I will call and tell you how to apply.Because there are tags that are just for the hadicapped hunters that we can get.It gets pretty involved but you are garenteed to get a tag going this way.the only thing other that i can think of right nowis that not al those turkeys are as dumb as the ones here by me you may have to work for one but thats part of the fun of hunting them bigkentk.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:02 PM

bigkentk I will look for any signs of turkey and I will ask the property owner also. I am going to ask my neighbor if it would be ok to give you his phone number, he is also a disabled hunter and he let me give my kids his number so when they call he just IMs me and I go over there. I have been looking at used shot guns i just gotta wait till the money comes in. What do you think of those adjustable poly chokes? I have found a few with those on em but no screw in types yet. I have been hittin pawn shops and gun shops and have found a few the one I like the best is a browning 12 gauge semi auto with poly choke for $169.00. It looks good and looks like it has been well taken care of. Do you think thats to much? My neighbor built me a gun rack to fit on the back of my scooter and it can hold up to 4 guns I thought that was pretty cool. Jimmy
Old 09-23-2004, 09:37 PM

Hunter, Never had a gun with a poly choke on it. but the guys i know that have them on theit guns love them.dont seem to be a bad price but haggle a little you might get it cheaper yet.seems like you got a neighbor there also.maybe you to should team up together and get out and hunt together.nice of him to make that rack for you.we dont do much with used guns because you can have tthem a long time before someone buys them off us and no place to store them anyhow. bigkentk.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:29 AM

Hey bigkentk I took metalbacks advice on the phone company and only took out the basic phone servise so I will go down and get some phone cards and have it made. My new number is 715-643-2262. It feels really good to have a phone at home again. The basic phone is still 38.00 but its alot better than what it used to be. If I cant afford a shot gun by turkey time a friend of mine will loan me his 12 gauge pump with a Poly choke so There aint no reason I cant go as long as my health holds up.I am really looking forward to this.Jimmy
Old 09-26-2004, 09:47 PM

Hunter sounds all good to me give you a jingle monday night after 9:00 pm.or so have to get the kids in bed first.bigkentk.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:11 AM

bigkentk sounds great to me I will be looking forward to it! Jimmy

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.