Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 09-12-2004, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hey bigkentk yes I am a late nighter most of the time but here lately the ole lady has been harassing me about stayin up late, but its like I tell her I aint sleepy so what else is there to do, I dont drink so no reason to go to the bar so I sit up late and chat with my friends. So she has kinda laid off of me a little. You said you were far enough north that you get lake effect snows man thats gotta be rough. I went up to Duluth sight seeing and on the way back we decided to camp for 4 days in ironwood in the middle of august and the wind was out of the north the whole time and we did nothing but freeze our asses off every night. The days werent bad as long as the sun came out. Its beautiful country up around Ironwood but the cold in the winter has got to be pretty bad. Jimmy
Old 09-15-2004, 05:23 PM

email me and we can chat about the hunting programs NJF&W are putting together. I think you may be interested and very pleased.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:59 PM

Email on the way, Thanks Jimmy
Old 09-15-2004, 08:47 PM

hey hunter. live south of BEAVER Dam but still get the snow off lake michigan to the east of me.some family live live up in iron river and they get the snow there big time.stay up late most of the time like to watch tv and be on the puter nice and quiet.bigkentk
Old 09-15-2004, 09:50 PM

Hey bigkentk I agree I love stayin up late like you said nice and quiet. Well my step daughter went to court and they took the 2 year old and gave her to her daddy on a temporary basis and let her keep the 4 year old for now so at least I got a reprive for now. Well I joined the gun deer contest on this site and the team I am with voted me Team captain, I havent ever done this but I am kinda excited about it. Its all for fun and with all the opportunitys I have this year I feel pretty confident in getting a buck. Now if the bucks will just cooperate. I know its a long way off but was wondering if the owner of the private land I amgoing to hunt in Adams county will let me come back next year and bring a friend I was wondering if you would be interested? I would love to meet you and maybe someday hunt together. I think it would be great!
Old 09-16-2004, 01:47 AM

Hey Hunter, You get your foot in the door over there in Adams then hopefully you can bring a friend with you. just wondering do you hunt with a bow or not ? sounds like you got a break with the kids.hope it all works out for them.would really like to get back in your area to hunt with the bow.But dont worry about it get your self a place where you can hunt. good luck with being captian of your group.The time is getting closer for the deer season.to bad you cant get a area closer to home.wondering where your going to stay while your there.when we hunted that area the motels were filled for deer season but i dont know about now. bigkentk.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:53 AM

bigkentk I have had two torn rotor cuffs on left shoulder and broke my right shoulder last year so I dont have the strength to pull a bow but right after the deer season I am going to get a cross bow and practice all summer long so I will have more hunting time i am also going to get a muzzle loader so I can hunt after gun deer season. As far as a place to stay the land owner said she has a big 5 bedroom farm house that I can in with no charge. Its only her and her husband there. She said that she needed some one to control the deer on her place as it is getting real bad but the last time she let hunters go in they trashed the place and tore up alot of the woods so she hasnt let anyone hunt in over 30 years and her neighbors dont let hunters in either. Trying to make along story short I met her at Boycevilles annual pickle festival and I was in my scooter when it started to rain she was operating a booth and wave me over and let me park under her awning and we got to talking and thats when she invited me out to hunt her place and she specificaly stated that if I respect her property I can come out every year and if I have a disabled friend I can also bring them. You can bet I will take care of her property.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:08 PM

hunter sounds like a SWEET DEAL. you just get your foot in the door and you will have it made.when you get your crossbow try to get a cocker too.horton and barnett both make cockers that crank the bow string back.I have a barnett rc300 now and had it for about 10 years.when you are ready to buy your muzzle loader let me know kinda what your looking for can maybe be get it for a better price. my son and i both have FFls so we get a better price rather than going to like gander hill.i can just see us two cripple baits flopping around in the woods chaseing deer together.bigkentk
Old 09-16-2004, 08:06 PM

Hey bigkentk I like the idea of us two crippled old baits floppin around in the woods huntin deer, I would enjoy that immensly. I have been lookin at both Horton and Barnett it will just depend on how much money I will have when the time comes. As far as muzzle loaders I really wanted a Thompson Center Hawken .50cal percusion but they are way out of my price range the least expensive I have found is $499.00 I had thought about an inline but I really like the replicas. I have done some studying and found out that Traditions are made in spain with low quality steel. I have heard that Lyman is a good quality gun. I wanted a Thompson Center because of there life time warranty. I had even looked at kits that you assemble yourself, that would be really cool to say that I built my rifle. You and your son have FFLs do you own a gun shop? If so let me know where because next time I got any money I will definately make a trip out. Jimmy
Old 09-16-2004, 10:27 PM

Hunter did a real quick check of one of our wholesalers on that .50 cal flintlock aronnd 400 plus shipping.thats not even one of are better whole prices shure we can get it cheaper yet.No we dont have a shop but we sell from my house to keep the price as cheap as we can.Just got tired of paying those high prices for guns and other gear.We figure if you want to buy a gun you know what you want and we give the price take it or not theres noo overhead to pay for.my son sells plenty of guns that way.just wondering whereyou were got your price from.glad you have a good sense of humor about the problems that we have.bigkentk

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.