Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 09-08-2004, 11:42 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hey hunter. just was wondering if you are going on one of those handicapped hunts in thefirst week of Oct. or not.Was up around Medford this weekend and the trees are starting to change colors around there already.hope the things that have come up for you will not interfere wihy your Nov. deer hunt plans.sounds like you have some tough decessions to think through right now but i am shure things will all work out.bigkentk.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:19 AM

Hey bigkentk Your right about some big decisions. I wont know anything until the 14th thats when they go to court. I am all set if she does have to give them to us. The state (kansas) is trying to take the kids from my daughter inlaw because she is mentally challenged and the state asked if we would take them as my wife is paternal grandmother of the kids and we said yes we would as oppoded to a foster home. It might shoot my plans for Texas next year but I am God willing going to Adams county this November. I didnt know about the handicapped hunts in october. Its probably to late now but how do I find out about these hunts? Have you noticed that the acorns are already dropping? I was at my friends house near Barron when I noticed that his big white oak was already dropping acorns, its a little early for that isnt it? I didnt think they dropped until mid to late october. Is that a sign of an early winter? I know the farmers almanac says we will have a lot of heavy snowfalls this winter. I dont mind the snow its the 40 below I can do with out. Whats your thoughts on this winter? Jimmy
Old 09-11-2004, 12:36 AM

i had my 4-wheeler stolen tuesday.they took it off my trailor while i was parked at the store.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:44 AM

Well HUNTER. I dont know about the acorns falling around here by me havent been out in the woods lately.but it sounds like to me its been a little colder than normal.the trees are dropping their leaves and turning colors early this year.and as for the snow.i hope we dont get a ton of it this year.i am close enough to get that lake effect crap and last year we got nailed with a lot.the cold is ok with me because you can at least get around in the chair with out the snow.hope we get some for the deer season.the area where you will be hunting might not get so much snow .thats why we moved further north. Xmass and deer hunting are the only times i really like the snow.i guess its more of haveing to sit and watch my wife deal with the snow that really gets me mad more than anything else. i guess it will be cold and white this year ha ha . bigtkentk
Old 09-11-2004, 12:47 AM

Hey hunter .you must be a late nighter like me cool.nice to have some one to chat with.bigkentk
Old 09-11-2004, 01:01 AM

hey dep214. thats not the kind ofr things that should happen ot anybody.hope you have ins..what the heck is this world coming too.bigkentk
Old 09-11-2004, 01:13 AM

no ins so it is a loss. i do still have the trailor. i passed out pics everywhere, i had mine custom camo painted.very sad day for me. i have no idea how i will get around now
Old 09-11-2004, 01:20 AM

Thats not sounding good.they dont seem to understand how and who they hurt when they pull crap like that.its a sad day for all of us who need the wheels to get around then have them stolen to even hear of such goings on.bigkentk
Old 09-11-2004, 01:56 AM

i am going to the deer lease tomorrow morning. i have no idea how i will get the corn in the feeders.i will be alone while doing this.nobody to ask for help
Old 09-12-2004, 08:27 PM

Hey dep214 Man I am very sorry to hear about your ATV its gotten so bad that people just dont care if they want it they take it and that aint right. Man I wish I could do something to help but you are about 1200 miles from me. I have been trying to trade my 6 month old 4 wheel electric scooter for a used atv but I aint havin much luck. Once again man I am sorry to hear about your loss. Jimmy

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.