Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children >

Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children

Old 07-22-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children

Iam a member of the board for www.ahuntabove.org We have just started this going and invite you to visit us online . We want to offer kids a hunt or fishing trip they could not afford due to there Illness or disabilty. This is a non-profit org. If you know of someone and would like to give them a hunting or fishing trip go to the site and the information is a click away. Thank You for your support. Jay
Old 10-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children

THANKS! I am 16 and was diagnosed with Leukemia when I was 12 and after 3 and a half years of chemotherapy I got the best news that the cancer was gone, but when I was 15 a group contacted me (The Outdoor Dream Foundation) and had a trip planned for me Hunting Elk in New Mexico, But of course I was sick the date of the trip so I told them to give the trip to somebody else, I never got to go BUT the thought of it was just as good as shooting a world record. So God bless, because people like you and your group are the real heros as far as I'm concerend.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:46 AM

im a hunter with cp( a condition with brain damage effects the function of the right side my arm and leg. it has to do with the nervous system or something.) i dont let it stop me though, and i think the guys that started the disability hunting group thing are awsome
Old 07-18-2007, 09:11 PM

I too have a form of cancer. I been battling it for 4 1/2 years. i am diagnosed with bone cancer. My right leg has been amputated, i've had 6 or 7 surgeries on my lungs because the cancer has moved there. its also moved into my left arm so i have to switch to using a crossbow to hunt and lots of chemo and radiation treatments.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

AFTER TURKEY SEASON I CAN TAKE ANY KID OR DISABLED PERSON FOR HOGS ON MY CLUB, I SPOKE TO THE PRESIDENT AND HE GAVE ME THE OK. SO AFTER SAY MARCH 5 SO I CAN GET THE CORN OUT. I HAVE A BAD BOY BUGGY WE CAN RIDE IN AND LADDERS ON MY FEEDERS
Old 06-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

its really great that you folks help,it nice to see somebody not out for the almighty dollar.if ya ever get over here to oregon let me know
Old 07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

gunny97, I will be down there in NOV. I am in a wheelchair, but have good upper mobility. I live in WI. I would love to shoot a hog. If possible I would like to see if we could get together. Please let me know. Thank You
Old 07-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Spike

Hello my name is Dakota, My girlfriend has a 9 year old son that has epilepsy. Where he is 9 but mentally he is 15 months old.They have been talking to me about how they wanted to take him out and go hunting ,Though I understand he can't shoot but he loves to go out and do stuff with the family. This is something I would love to do for my new family.If anyone can help me please let me know thank you.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I clicked on the link and it took me to a home remodeling site. I'm disabled & on very limited fixed income. Do yall ever consider guys like me to take hunting?
Old 10-27-2015, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
I clicked on the link and it took me to a home remodeling site. I'm disabled & on very limited fixed income. Do yall ever consider guys like me to take hunting?
Could be because the post with that link is 10 years old!

Quick Reply: Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.