Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

North Carolina

Old 04-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Spike

Default North Carolina

Are there any organizations in North Carolina that help their handicapped hunters?
Old 05-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Spike

I guess not!
Old 05-06-2016, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are, while I have been busy over the past two weeks with finals I will take a moment to confirm, yes there are organizations in NC that assist disabled hunters. Not to be an arse or anything but a simple google search of North Carolina Disabled Hunters would provide you with the same information I am about to post.

Contact NCWRC, they have alot of information including specific disabled programs designed to get disabled hunters out and about. Should be your first step besides a google search.

North Carolina Handicapped Sportsment would be another place to look into.

There are also groups that are for Disabled Sportsmen on the scale of the entire nation that getting in contact with my be able to provide you with more local information.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Spike

I was a member of the NC Handicapped Sportsman several years ago but I out of the 4 years that I was a member I was only invited on one hunt for which I was very greatful for.

The same goes for the NC Wildlife hunts. I have applied for the State hunts but have not been drawn for the past 5 years.

I haven't checked on going out of state and will do so.

I guess that is just the way that it goes. Thanks for the reply olsaltydog!!!
Old 11-02-2016, 07:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigtimerNC
Are there any organizations in North Carolina that help their handicapped hunters?
I am not sure about NORTH CAROLINA but there are many disabled hunts all over SOUTH Carolina from many different ORGANIZATION IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I Will be glad to help you in any way that I can God bless! My phone number is 8four3-24one-401TWO
Old 11-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Spike

I was born in Beaufort SC and hunted in Jasper County. I will be calling you later today!