Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

its a bitch

Old 07-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default its a bitch

well even though im 100% diabled vet the VA told me they dont have time to help me.soooo i go back to a civilian dr for more reconstructive surgery,hope i dont lose my lower leg or foot.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

There system sucks, my dad is a disabled vet and it took 23 years to get them to give him his benefits. They told him when he got out there was nothing to show a reason for the benifits and 23 years later a va doctor turned private told him they where crazy. 3 years later they finally realized they did not even get his medical records and that was only when he gave them to him.

Did you call the DAV or the American legion?
Originally Posted by jdhogg
well even though im 100% diabled vet the VA told me they dont have time to help me.soooo i go back to a civilian dr for more reconstructive surgery,hope i dont lose my lower leg or foot.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

yes sir i didget hold of them and same thing.i was on the WMD team in iraq in 2003,they have denied my problems as the cia told them we didnt do anything to warrent the care yet im 100%.god help them as i have pictures and copies of the reports given to DTRA i got em by the balls.im thinking of going to fox news with the proof.if you folks only knew what happened over there,but im not ready to have to go to jail for talking as i do have a family.my ankle has been broke for over a year and me and medicare have paid for it,the VA told me to piss up a rope.i really hope someone gets rid of the problem in DC.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Truly sucks man, I know they just passed some reforms on the VA system a friend said they where making it where if you had PTSD and was in country at all your 100%. Call the DAV, American legion they might help.
When my dad was fighting he emailed fox news then called and they told him while we understand and feel for you there " ant any thing we can do as it happens all the time."

Also not sure where you at but I have a offer for you, I had knee surgery and got arthritis from it and have a indiana disabled hunter card and I was told by the local state forest I could have a key to access the access roads on the property and make hunting easier. Since the property is open for anyone I can take someone with me even if they do not have the card. SO if you can get out this way let me know and I would do what ever I needed to get you on hunt here.

Thanks for your service and any thing I can do let me know.

Originally Posted by jdhogg
yes sir i didget hold of them and same thing.i was on the WMD team in iraq in 2003,they have denied my problems as the cia told them we didnt do anything to warrent the care yet im 100%.god help them as i have pictures and copies of the reports given to DTRA i got em by the balls.im thinking of going to fox news with the proof.if you folks only knew what happened over there,but im not ready to have to go to jail for talking as i do have a family.my ankle has been broke for over a year and me and medicare have paid for it,the VA told me to piss up a rope.i really hope someone gets rid of the problem in DC.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

i am soooo happy,im up and walking without crutches and getting around some finally.i got some good news yesterday,doc said i can go fishin in the boat and will be huntin again next spring if i dont get stupid and hurt it. maybe it was a blessing going to a non VA hospital and doctor.life is looking good
Old 08-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default It's a B.

PM sent your way.

dog1
Old 08-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Spike

Thank you for service to our country jdhogg!!! I'm glad things are getting better for you! My family will pray for a speedy recovery for you. Again, Thank You for your Services for me and my family!