Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
disabled hunter >

disabled hunter

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

disabled hunter

Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Spike

Default disabled hunter

Hello i have a friend that is having problems from a new game warden about disabled people using their atv to get to their tree stand he told me the other game wardens let him do this. But this new one isn't so they are going to court over this matter. Can you help me with this.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

The first thing I would do is review the regulations and if there are stipulations for handicapped people.

Sometimes officers take things at their own discretion; kinda like an officer deciding to give a ticket or a warning for speeding.

Your friend first should consider that maybe the first set of officers were making an exception for him and the 2nd officer was going by the book. If there are rules saying people can't access certain spots via atv and doesn't make reference for the handicapped with special permits, then your friend should be more considerate for the freedoms he has had thus far and realize he won't get far in his case proceedings.

I think if special favor was personally granted for his atv use without permit, his self-centeredness should be more of gratitude than a willingness to take the 2nd officer to court.

If no such special permit exists for the handicapped, then your friend, if he cares enough, can take matters to the legislature and get such a law applied. The DNR could also maybe point him in the right direction to take.

Good luck,

iSnipe
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

If the officers willing to go to court over it im sure he has legal standing.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

The first thing I would do is review the regulations and if there are stipulations for handicapped people.

that says it all ...quote iSnipe
Old 02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Why are they going to court? Did your friend get a ticket or something? Just wondering. Anyhow, I have a disability and had to get a permit from the state to gain access to roads that are normally closed. Your friend must be hunting on public land where the use of ATVs are prohibited. Sorry for all the assumptions but we don't have a lot of information to go on.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

You need to say what state you are in and if it is federal or state land you are accessing.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Typical Buck

knight39 if you would have written your "LOCATION" it would have been easier to answere your question ..

i don't know why people on this forum don't fill out they're LOCATION ????????

from now on if i don't see LOCATION i will not answere the posting !!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by heinz57

from now on if i don't see LOCATION i will not answere the posting !!!!!!!
heinz, You're not the first person that I have seen say that. It sucks to take time out to answer someone's question, only to find out the info that was given doesn't even apply because of the poster's location... ending up to be a waste of time.

If more people would fill out their profile, it makes answering questions easier... and also people can identify more with each other when we have an idea where people are.

iSnipe
Old 02-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Has this person been grant a disabled status by filling out the required state forms
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to assume a little arrogance on the your friend's part. I suspect there's more to this story. Mostly because you gave very little facts to go on plus taking a handicapped hunter to court makes little sense to me, if all he did was use an atv. A simple warning would have been in order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.