Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
Any Disabled Vets in the house? >

Any Disabled Vets in the house?

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Any Disabled Vets in the house?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Spike

Default Any Disabled Vets in the house?

Just wondering who else hunts disabled thats a vet.

I busted my neck in afghanistan (c3) I have alot of numbness/lesser feeling ect. How do yall deal with it?

chris
Old 12-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you for your service. And god bless you. I have a friend who is in the guard and has been back from Iraq for just under a year. He is headed to afghan. soon. He is looking for a deployment to get on as he is behind on his bills and figured why not leave now and get paid now. My dad is a disabled vet and what you guys do is honorable. Let me ask you this how has you fight with the Va been. My dad fought them for 23 years before he got his benefits. I am getting education benefits for going to school. My plan is when i get done is to spend my extra time doing construction and remodel retro fitting homes for vets. Everything at cost or free if they can not pay for it. I figured it would be my way of giving back for the 4 years of 900 bucks a month. Plus not like if i retro vet a disabled vets house for free i can't write it off.
God bless you and all who serve this nation
Old 12-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Spike

I havent battled with the VA really, Im army retired so No need!
Old 12-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have friend in the same boat. he did his 20 and gets his retirement. If he got 100% he would only get a extra few hundred bucks. You might think about it if you qualify. There are alot of other things besides money. property tax discount. about double the retiree discount. Free fishing license in most states. 915 a month for the wife or kids or you to go to college. The big one is if you married your wife would get you disabled pay after you die.
Originally Posted by Shotgunlew
I havent battled with the VA really, Im army retired so No need!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Spike

Ill have to check into it. I didnt do 20, only 3.5 roughly

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I have friend in the same boat. he did his 20 and gets his retirement. If he got 100% he would only get a extra few hundred bucks. You might think about it if you qualify. There are alot of other things besides money. property tax discount. about double the retiree discount. Free fishing license in most states. 915 a month for the wife or kids or you to go to college. The big one is if you married your wife would get you disabled pay after you die.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

enough in my book. To me any vet who gets a honorable deserves alot more then the 40 year guys and the disabled guys get now.
Originally Posted by Shotgunlew
Ill have to check into it. I didnt do 20, only 3.5 roughly
Old 12-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Spike

Yes i am a 100% disabled Vietnam vet and i still hunt. Was a combat medic in an area that was building a road and got sprayed on so many times more than normal. Agent orange cause my cancer when i was 40 but thought we got it with radiation. Good 10 years and then it came back. Took out my esophagus, larynx,pharynx, of course my vocal cords went, appendix, spleen, half my thyroid and took a piece of my colon and made a new throat. Have the hole in my neck to breathe and use an electonic device to talk. Never smoked. 11 hr operation. Despide my oncoing chemo 7 different times and radiation, i can still function to hunt. Even ride my morotcycle some. Cancer is non curable but have made it 5 years now which is longer than any dr. dreamed of. No hard feelings and always look foreward. Got 3 deer this year. One pistol, muzzleloader and crossbow. Have to quarter them in the field as i can't drag one whole. As bad as things are for me i am so lucky i can function fairly well enough to still do the things i love to the end. If i can be of help to any of you others from any war please feel free to ask. Bless you.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Spike

If your friend gets his 20 yr retirement then they don't get the full 100% as i think they deduct part of the retirement into the equasion.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Spike

i'm a disabled Gulf War vet. broken neck also. i have c-4-5-6 vertebrea fused together. the only effects i have is some numbness in my shoulder. but in my right shoulder. i shoot left handed. all is good. i didn't retire from service. was honorably discharged at the end of my enlistment. have dealt with the V.A. with my injuries.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

that is my understanding. normaly you get the higher of the two. But you also get the extra stuff you would not with just being a retiree.
Originally Posted by his guzzi
If your friend gets his 20 yr retirement then they don't get the full 100% as i think they deduct part of the retirement into the equasion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.