Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Disabled hunter thread >

Disabled hunter thread

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Disabled hunter thread

Old 11-17-2014, 05:22 PM
Spike

I just joined today. I don't consider myself disabled, however I was born missing my left arm. I wear myoelectric prosthetics, but I dont wear a prosthetic while hunting.

Anyways, my name is Michael, I'm 28 and live in Sullivan County NY.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Spike

Hello everyone I joined a few days ago and am somewhat disabled. I've blown my shoulder completely and can't really shoot or pull back a bow due to having little stability and no strength. My name is Riley.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Centaur 1
One part of me feels good that there aren't many posts here, that means that everyone is healthy. Since I know that's only a dream I'd like to encourage people that know disabled hunters to get involved here on Huntingnet. I have so many problems with my back that it's almost impossible for me to hunt anymore. I'd love to hear from others in my situation and swap stories and tips.

If anyone knows someone who doesn't hunt as much as he used to because of health issues please try and get them to sign up. This forum is a great place to share ideas and make friends. It just might be the encouragement that they need to get back in the woods.
I love to be out hunting, but the effort is difficult and I don't have anyone to go out with me. Unfortunately, I have a son that is more interested at 14 in shooting pretend guns in Call Of Duty than the real thing.
David