Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Disabled hunter thread >

Disabled hunter thread

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Disabled hunter thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

thank you sir
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Spike

I've been a gimp for over 20 years. Still try to hunt and fish whenever I can using a cane or walker and my atv to access the woods. Now I am spearheading an effort to give information, support, and outdoor events to us gimps. Physically Challenged Sportsmen of America has a web site (www.pcsaonline.com) yo reall should check out. If you like what you see, join us. More.....

later,
Rob
Old 07-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hunt genious
There is a New Company in the north west thats into outdoor Activities for the physically challanged check them out at www.PNWOA.Org
Good group HG posted,
I am not disabled but would be glad to help anyone that is, whether young or old,
whether in NY or PA know anyone thats disabled that could use some help getting out feel free to send me a PM,
I have 2 kayaks and a small boat i can take some people out on, or will loan them for a parent/child outing,
i also know some hunting trails manageable by wheel chair.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Spike

Default new here

hello i live in ontario canada stroke survivor feb 2009 looking at the renagade wheel chair any one use this chair
Old 08-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Spike

Default disabled hunter

I became disabled by a severe left side stroke June 07,needless to say, there went my bow hunting,low back, neck, right hand surgeries. all xtra complications,besides PAD in my legs & lung cancer. I had been an avid bow hunter for 40+ yrs. till then. I'm not ready to lay dead just yet! I don't have the strength to draw any bows anymore. I am also finally on S.S. disability,but it barely pays the basic bills! I would like to know if anyone out there would happen to have a spare decent crossbow that they could send my way to try to bow hunt this year,as I never have any spare cash,or at least put me onto some manufacturer who would be willing to allow me to demo/field test one this Sept! my e-mail is [email protected] please contact me for more details A.S.A.P. THANKS to all you guys!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am only as disabled as my mind makes me on any given day. I blew out my right shoulder in the Air Force in 2003. Took until 2005 before they took me seriously and I lost most of the strength in my arm. I also have arthritis in my feet, knees and hips. On wet and cold days, I have next to nothing in that arm and it hurts like hades to walk long distances. I've learned to adapt in a lot of ways for hunting. I strap a hay bale hook to my arm for climbing into the stand and use my knee to hold the bow while I pull back with my left arm. When my lower half hurts too bad to walk to my favorite stands, I placed stands closer to home that have ocassional traffic. I won't let this interfere with my love for the outdoors.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Well you can add one more to the list. I was born with cb and now I have also found out that I have severe spinal stenosis. I do still get out everyday that I can. It is a challenge most of the time but, I make myself do it because I love it. My cb is a mild case. I know that all of us on here have some kind of problem but the way that I look at it, everyone has problems sometimes. I just thank the Lord that he has blessed me with what I can still do. I thank him everyday.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Spike

Add one more to the list.Disabled since 2008. Have several of health issues.Heart dease (heart not pumping but25%),Arthritis over 90% of my body. Some days are better than others.But I still love to hunt and fish. I know whay you guys are going through. Dont give up, and keep enjoying what you like to do.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis diagnoised 5 yrs ago aslo broken neck just a yr b4 that nock on wood have good days and bad days I find if It was just myself going out i might play hooky but i hunt with my son daughter and nephew w/out me they cant hunt so gives me extra incentive even on those not so great days If theres a will theres a way I dont do deer drives and on occasion take shorter routes for ease in and outa stand probably cost me some deer but im still out there good luck and keep pluggin away all we only get one go round
Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Spike

hello to all,im not "healthy" but i am blessed to be alive,i just discovered this site today.been looking for free adult disabled hunts (i have terminal diagnosis with mesothelioma) i would appreciate any help or advice anyone has! god bless everyone

Quick Reply: Disabled hunter thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.