Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Disabled hunter thread >

Disabled hunter thread

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Disabled hunter thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome camocowgirl!
Not up to date on hunts.
Would look up n.w.t.f. in your area and see if they have a wheeling hunter group. If they don,t they may have some leads to pursue.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Spike

I'm located in northern Wisconsin. If you need help to get out and enjoy the great outdoors let me know what you need. I have a small shop where I build rifle stocks and slings. My slings can help you carry a rifle much easier.
If you are disabled, pay no attention to my web prices. My goal is to help, not put the bite on you. PM me for my contact information
Old 04-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Spike

It's nice to see this group I'm recently disabled COPD rheumatoid arthritis, on oxygen,It's not easy only hunted 3 days last year.I'm hoping to hunt more this year .I started taking a friends son hunting. I just have to figure out the oxygen problem.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:12 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Copd, open heart, two replaced hips, prostate cancer,cartroid surgery and now both rotar cuffs gone i would like to find out were they went. And some one told me Fifty niffty.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Spike

I just signed up due to this forum! Iam 21 years old and battle Limb Gerdle Muscular Dystrophy! A buddy of mine recently made a fundraiser to get me a action track wheelchair to help me continue hunting! Check this out and share with people if you would like!!! Thanks everyone!
Hello all hunters! Iam 21 years old and a very avid hunter from Norfolk Nebraska! I was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy when i was 13 years old! Each and every day it is getting worse and worse! I hunt, film, and edit all my footage and my teammates footage! Iam a pro staff member for Buck Brothers Outdoors which is a Web based hunting show on vimeo, youtube, and facebook. One of my best friends started a fundraiser to get an Action Track Wheelchair which will keep me in the woods doing what i love! We have raised approximately $8,000 in two months and our goal is to make $13,000 by august! Mission Archery recently donated two compound bows to be raffled off by buying tickets! A ticket for the Mission Craze is $10 and a ticket for the Mission Ballistic is $15 a ticket! If any of you guys would be interested in the drawing or donating to the fund please go to this link and type in your name and number with your donation if you want to be in for the drawing just donated as much money as you would like for however many tickets you would like to have! This is the link: http://www.gofundme.com/84ts2k Thank you all so much and hope you guys can get in on this raffle and help for a great cause!!! Happy hunting and god bless -Tyson Freeman
Old 07-05-2014, 02:30 AM
Spike

I haven't logged on in a dog's age. So long in fact that my profile still showed NY as my home. I hope to be a visitor and contributor more often. My name is Rob and today's my 65th. birthday. I've been disabled since my late 30s with stenosis that led to a spinal C3-C5 fusion. Getting around is done with help from a walker or electric chair. Although I can access the Ocala National Forest by means of my UTV, I'd love to find some private land where I could hunt deer, turkey, and hogs. I fish too. Because I am a new resident of North Central Florida, I don't know many people. I'm always on the lookout for new hunting and fishing buddies. Even someone to talk to would be great. All replies welcome.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Spike

Well, I guess I get to join the ranks as well. Back at Thanksgiving 2012, I slipped in my yard and fell flat on my butt. I got up and told my wife "I think I just broke my neck." I was just running my mouth. 3 week later my hands and feet are numb and my neck and shoulders were killing me. I go to doc and have MRI. They strap me to a stretcher and I got to surgery. 3 surgeries later, I am on a walker and still no feelings in my hands or feet but I am alive and can walk with a walker. I broke C-4 and C5 and the disc went backwards into my spinal cord and bruised it. I can't shoot anything but a .17 or .22. No bows but I can shoot a crossbow if I had one. I hope to learn stuff from all on here. Thanks for listening. ><> del
Old 07-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Spike

i two am disabled, i came down with guilliume barre syndrome in the chronic form and now have chronic hip/back and shoulder pain. i am unable to pull back a bow. I also have to use crutches to get around and still am only able to walk maybe 50 feet without stopping. i have not hunted in 4 yrs due to the amount of walking it takes to get to a stand. i would love to be able to hunt again. i am on SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY with the diagnosis of 100% disabled and unemployable.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot, I have suffered a stroke and 2 heart attacks after being declared 90% disabled by the military (or VA anyway). I can only pull my 40 lb bow back once a day now, can't walk more than 100 yards without being totally winded from blockage (which they say they'll address next year), and my knees and hips and right shoulder are in constant pain from arthritis. I hunt on good days and stay home on bad.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

bump - tired of seeing the spammer at the top of this forum

Quick Reply: Disabled hunter thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.