Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Adult hunters with disabilities >

Adult hunters with disabilities

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Adult hunters with disabilities

Old 08-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Adult hunters with disabilities

all the chapters we are setting up will be doing at least one fundraising dinner a year as well as at least two events in their local community. The big difference is that when you do your dinner your chapter will receive 25% of the profits to help fund the events. Where before you were running around trying to figure out how you could do an event with minimal if any $$ from the chapters involved(if you could get a chapter involved which was not easy to do) as well as be expected to turn money in to national. We will have no jumping through loops and only being able to get a set amount for your events from a seperate state fund($250 in most cases thatIhad seen and only when a chapter was involved, Of the events(37) I did last year there were chapters involved in 5 and they had been doing the events before Wheelin' they just added a name to them). So that means I had to take care of everything from start to finish with 32 events in 7 states. Now we will have chapters and volunteers who will be able to setup events and have the funding to do so. If you have a great banquet you will haveplenty of Money for your events.

We are not about turkeys, deer, ducks , trout etc etc we are about providing opportunities and helping people with disabilities tobetter their quality of life and getthem outdoors having fun.

Any other questions feel free to PM me or call me
Old 08-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you and I'll keep this in mind. Maybe I can help with CA.

Shoot straight.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

No problem, if you have any other questions just ask. or email me
jobrien at outdoorswithoutlimits.com
Old 08-11-2007, 05:30 PM

Great to see other DH out there. I'm a D-Vet-Hunter!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Greg,

Glad to meet another rubber runner. This year is going to be fun. Do you hunt from your chair? What do you shoot? I'm glad your still out and having fun.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:56 AM

I'm not in a chair,yet, but I shoot a Browning Illusion, NEF Slugger II, and multiple handguns.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in almost exactly same position as e-tex. I've had 6 back surgerys,type 1 diabetic,as well as other problems. I used to love to bowhunt but might not ever be able to go again. What I would give to go 1 more time!
Old 08-14-2007, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

stalking bear where do you live? Would be against using a crossbow?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in marion county ky in a small town called lebanon. While I still have enough upper body strength to draw/shoot my bow I'm not against any kind of legal hunting. I'm trying to rehab but can only go so far. I would be willing to help in whatever position phyically possible. Thanx very much for response. Neil Stalkingbear Sea [email protected]
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM

Hey Guys,
Just found this forum. Keep passing on the info! I'm a "walking quad" myself and hunt as much as possible.

Just a few notes for all...
1. Check out the Buckmasters group at www.BADF.org . They have a lot of disabled hunting opportunities
2. Helluva Hunt in Douglas WY puts on a fully funded antelope hunt for 15 hunters each year. Contact Gary Stearns (1562 Esterbrook Rd Douglas, WY 82633 - (307) 358-6580 ) to apply.
3. The Minnesota Broken wing Connection puts on a fully funded pheasant hunt in Northern Minnesota. Contact Verna Gertgen at 320-796-5710 for more info.

That's a few to start. Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: Adult hunters with disabilities

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.