HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Disabled Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/disabled-hunters-34/)
-   -   Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/disabled-hunters/106419-hunts-disabled-terminally-ill-children.html)

hoghunter51 07-22-2005 10:48 PM

Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children

Iam a member of the board for www.ahuntabove.org We have just started this going and invite you to visit us online . We want to offer kids a hunt or fishing trip they could not afford due to there Illness or disabilty. This is a non-profit org. If you know of someone and would like to give them a hunting or fishing trip go to the site and the information is a click away. Thank You for your support. Jay

grizzly190 10-09-2005 10:46 PM

RE: Hunts For Disabled And Terminally Ill Children

THANKS! I am 16 and was diagnosed with Leukemia when I was 12 and after 3 and a half years of chemotherapy I got the best news that the cancer was gone, but when I was 15 a group contacted me (The Outdoor Dream Foundation) and had a trip planned for me Hunting Elk in New Mexico, But of course I was sick the date of the trip so I told them to give the trip to somebody else, I never got to go BUT the thought of it was just as good as shooting a world record. So God bless, because people like you and your group are the real heros as far as I'm concerend.

bowperro 04-29-2007 08:46 AM

im a hunter with cp( a condition with brain damage effects the function of the right side my arm and leg. it has to do with the nervous system or something.) i dont let it stop me though, and i think the guys that started the disability hunting group thing are awsome

deerhunter4628 07-18-2007 09:11 PM

I too have a form of cancer. I been battling it for 4 1/2 years. i am diagnosed with bone cancer. My right leg has been amputated, i've had 6 or 7 surgeries on my lungs because the cancer has moved there. its also moved into my left arm so i have to switch to using a crossbow to hunt and lots of chemo and radiation treatments.

gunny97 03-18-2009 09:39 PM

AFTER TURKEY SEASON I CAN TAKE ANY KID OR DISABLED PERSON FOR HOGS ON MY CLUB, I SPOKE TO THE PRESIDENT AND HE GAVE ME THE OK. SO AFTER SAY MARCH 5 SO I CAN GET THE CORN OUT. I HAVE A BAD BOY BUGGY WE CAN RIDE IN AND LADDERS ON MY FEEDERS

jdhogg 06-20-2010 12:21 PM

its really great that you folks help,it nice to see somebody not out for the almighty dollar.if ya ever get over here to oregon let me know

[email protected] 07-06-2010 02:52 PM

gunny97, I will be down there in NOV. I am in a wheelchair, but have good upper mobility. I live in WI. I would love to shoot a hog. If possible I would like to see if we could get together. Please let me know. Thank You

Dakota6363 07-26-2013 04:33 PM

Hello my name is Dakota, My girlfriend has a 9 year old son that has epilepsy. Where he is 9 but mentally he is 15 months old.They have been talking to me about how they wanted to take him out and go hunting ,Though I understand he can't shoot but he loves to go out and do stuff with the family. This is something I would love to do for my new family.If anyone can help me please let me know thank you.

stalkingbear 10-03-2015 11:14 AM

I clicked on the link and it took me to a home remodeling site. I'm disabled & on very limited fixed income. Do yall ever consider guys like me to take hunting?

Topgun 3006 10-27-2015 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by stalkingbear (Post 4221707)
I clicked on the link and it took me to a home remodeling site. I'm disabled & on very limited fixed income. Do yall ever consider guys like me to take hunting?

Could be because the post with that link is 10 years old!