Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) All posts regarding the Rifle Deer Hunting Contest 2004 go into this Forum.

Team 3 - What's up

Old 11-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Team 3 - What's up

Hey Shadowhunters! Anyone else have a score to add yet? Mine as you will see is posted with an asterisk. I failed in securing a valid picture with firearm. Little number that may or may not matter for victory so get some big 'uns up there and make mine a non-issue!
Old 11-28-2004, 07:50 AM

Default RE: Team 3 - What's up

[&:] Deerhuntress56 here!! I've never hunted so hard in my life and NOT seen Mr. Big!![&:]

I've passed up several small 8 pt. bucks and one 6 pointer that comes out daily. Mr Big seems to be avoiding me for some reason!!! LOL
I saw him a week ago, but he refused to take that "one" step further to give me a clean shot!![:@]

Maybe this coming week he will get stupid. Seems our rut is a tad later this year for some reason.

Good Luck everybody!! We still have a month of season here in NC.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe this coming week he will get stupid. Seems our rut is a tad later this year for some reason.
I think it is the weird weather we have.

Any way Deerhuntress56 how is every ones picture's that are scent to you comeing?
Old 12-16-2004, 08:19 AM

OK Team 3......Let's GIT R DONE!!!!

I saw Mr Big yesterday but didn't have my gun with me......[&:] I was going to the stand midday to put out corn!!!!! He KNEW I was unarmed!!!

I am headed to the farm today and will hunt til I get him. I'll check back with ya from son's SLOW puter there!!! If not, I will see ya Sunday afternoon!!

Wish me LUCK!!!!!!!! This is the first time in my hunting life that I have NOT killed a deer this late in the season![&:]
Old 12-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

DH, Don't feel so bad...I have not had the chance to get out yet...I did have one day though with NO luck. Work has had me working 55-60+ hrs a week....I have 4 wks pto this coming year so will take the entire season off! The 10pt I had my eye on was poached crossing the road to my acreage.......Thanksgiving week....a neighbor got the license number of the truck but only after they left the gutpile at the end of our shared right of way for driveways.[:@][:@] We know who they are but...what can you do after the authorities are notified.....??? Pathetic!! I had watched this guy from the time his antlers started this year...for several years infact. [&:]

Good Luck to All Teams out there!!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:04 AM

Sorry Team 3, but Mr. Big Buck will live another year!

I had him in the crosshairs the last day of season and just before he got near enough for a good shot, a coyote spooked him![:@] He never came back!!

So I have no buck at all this year![]

We must do this again next year tho!!

Good luck to those whose seasons are not over!!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Paula, Atleast you did get a doe and some meat in the freezer. Congrats my friend!

Better than nothing....