HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-gun-53/)
-   -   I QUIT AND WILL DISQUALIFY MYSELF (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-gun/80008-i-quit-will-disqualify-myself.html)

trophyhuntr 11-22-2004 07:17 AM

I QUIT AND WILL DISQUALIFY MYSELF

The heck with the contest and the people who want to be a part of what should be fun and have to ruin it. I could understand if it was a bow contest and people were killing these deer with rifles and not getting a pic. with them and a bow but dang it is rifle season. To many people around here looking for a reason to argue and cause problems. Many times especially in the south we have had a very warm deer season, when i harvested my deer I took a pict or two and off to the deer cooler before the flies got to bad and we forget about a pict. with a tag in it or a rifle in it, i have plenty a pictures with me and alot bigger deer with my rifle in it but i did the right thing and turned in the deer i killed this year and did not cheat. Some people want to stir up no rifles in the pict or no tags, we dont have tags, so i hope everyone has a good year and a safe year and the ones who like to stir up trouble kiss my @ss, i hate it for my team because we were doing awesome. I have a feeling i wont be the only one pulling out of the contest!!

1dahunter 11-22-2004 11:55 AM

RE: I QUIT AND WILL DISQUALIFY MYSELF

Hey Buddy we sure are gonna miss you man but I understand where you are coming from. I you will keep in touch on the other site,I dont like loosing a friend they are to hard to come by. Good luck buddy and I hope I will see ya on the other site. Jimmy

Carpmaster 11-23-2004 09:38 AM

Why are you so worried about it???? As one of the team captain's( I know I am no MOD) I dont see a huge issue, this is a contest set up for FUN and if people want to be jerks and start problems then we should ignore them in my opinion, I see no reason for you to get mad and leave. I dont know the entire story behind this BUT I think EVERYONE needs to settle down, do some hunting, and have fun while doing it and participating in this contest, this contest should in no way result in hard feelings or problems and arguments, if that is all that is going to happen then the contest should be dropped altogether and try again next year. I just dont like to see any conflict and would like to see everyone take a breath and relax and just have some fun here dang it. I think that the contest serves a few purposes and not only from a competitive standpoint, it should bring us together and make new friends with others who we havent met before, and it also is a way to show off your deer. If anyone wants to complain, throw it my way. I think that the deer entered should stay entered as is. MY 2 Cents again!!!

trophyhuntr 11-23-2004 12:55 PM

Thats what me and my team was thinking Carp.

davidhardegree 11-23-2004 07:04 PM

Hang in there trophyhuntr, we'd hate to lose ya.

jrbsr 11-26-2004 11:16 AM

Some people want to stir up no rifles in the pict or no tags, we dont have tags, so i hope everyone has a good year and a safe year
In NC we don't have a tag system any more.

We just make a cut in our hunting lic and then call a

1-800 # to report the deer or what ever we harvest.

So If and when I get a Buck It Won't have a tag since NC dosen't use them any more.