Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun)
 Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread >

Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) All posts regarding the Rifle Deer Hunting Contest 2004 go into this Forum.

Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Jimmy S here...Sad to note no deer this year. I didn't see many deer hunting in both Maine and NH. I only saw two deer during one week in Maine, one I could not tell if it was a buck or not, the other was a doe. In NH, I passed on a nice doe Opening Day and that decision meant no venison this year. I did see deer only two other time during the entire NH season. Both times it was 3-4 deer (all does) and then 5 deer, 3 of which were does and the other two I could only see legs, tails etc. Soooooo, Again, sorry guys, I could not add to the team totals.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:13 PM

hope u do better next year bud well lets just say ive got permission to hunt my 2 uncles land their land connects caus emy grandpa died and they split it down the middle well that bout 60 acres that hasnt been hunted except twice and they got their late so deer havent been harvested there for yrs and i ve saw deer
and my uncles saw a nice 10 out there plus other bucks maybe ill have some luck hey its not the winning that makes it fun its the fun of bein in the outdoors lol tc
Old 12-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do any of you guys still have any gun season left?
Old 12-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Yes,I have until Tues for gun and then 1 week following for muzzleloader,still time for the bad luck to leave.I will try to get out this evening,even though We have a good soaking rain[:'(]But maybe that will give me the property to myself tonight[:-]
Old 12-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck dvdegeorge. I hope you get him.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:32 PM

my season is just getting started lol not really it started on november 13th but my season ends january first so i got awhile to hunt last night i just passed hunter safety they gave me my card and i went right to walmart and got my tags in my county a kid is allowed to hunt by his self as long as he has passed his hunter safety class out of 50 question i scored 49 and a half well i asked game warden he said even tho im only 13 im a legal hunter dso i can hunt by myself with out an adult so i am goin after this massive 10 my uncle saw i aint gonna mess up and leave gun out of picture or anything like that im gonna make sure i get him to the place im hunting is a 50 acre area my uncle owns it has a stream running thru it and a creek on the line of it has an old house im gonna use as blind deer come right
by around 30 yrds tops he said there is herds of deer there i recently saw 7 of them out there in field i am gonna set up at the pea patch its 25 yrds from creek a old abandoned dirt road which isnt used anymore they cross at found their tracks and im gonna wait for him to come by im only gonna ge thta deer or nothing to help us out hey if we dont win no biggie we are here to have fun and ive enjoyed having yall on my team soon ill be posting a massive ten which i have saw my self later tc and good luck
Old 12-16-2004, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys,

Just got back from Pike County, Illinois. This is touted as the Big Buck Capitol of the World. Yeah Right. I hunted sun up to sun down for 4 straight days and saw 5 deer total. 2 of them had pieces of arrows sticking out of them. Very disappointing! I won't name the lodge and outfitter, but they had very clearly put us on farms that had been hunted too hard for 4 straight weeks. My guide, and I use that term loosely, had no idea how to work the wind. It was a flat out waste of money. I am going to get out for the next 3 days here in VA. Our season stays in until January and I have a friend that has been scouting for my while I was gone. There is a nice 8ptr that is pretty regular to a certain area. I am going to hunt him the next 3 days. I'll keep you informed. We have a weather system moving in on Sunday and that will help get them up and moving. Good luck and I'm trying to pull my share.

Mike
Old 12-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys, I was a bit lucky on Saturday and shot an OK 10 pointer. Don't get too excited, he only scored 113 3/8's. The deer just don't have the nutrition in the mountains. I am having a hard time posting the buck picture. Can I email it to one of you that is experienced in posting pics. I'll try to post the pic here again, but it never seems to work.

Virginia Mike
Team #2
113 3/8's
Taken in Va. We don't need tags, call in system was used.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Alright, I finally got it done. Looks real wierd taking up the whole page. Don't know what I did, but it is up on the official score thread.

Mike
Old 12-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats,good work,nice buck,way to keep at it the whole season

Quick Reply: Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.