Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun)
 Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread >

Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) All posts regarding the Rifle Deer Hunting Contest 2004 go into this Forum.

Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 08:50 PM

Default RE: Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Hey Trophyhuntr hang in there and please dont go any where there are still being deer turned in with out weapons so they might just let it go. That would be cool with me.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:27 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Team!
Old 11-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right back at the 1dahunter. I hope all this crap with the gun in the picture gets worked out soon. I don't see the need for it for gun hunting. I do for bow but not gun.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Right back at the 1dahunter. I hope all this crap with the gun in the picture gets worked out soon. I don't see the need for it for gun hunting. I do for bow but not gun.
I agree besides the contest is for fun anyway.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:15 PM

Alright folks, I'm on the board. I'm still working on the numbers, but here is the picture. I made d@mn sure that everything was there, too. There should be no controversy with this one.

I shot him on Saturday a.m. overlooking a food plot. Two does came in and I was about to shoot one of them, but I noticed one kept looking ahead in some pines. When she stomped I new there was something about to come out. So I shifted my aim toward the wood line and there he was. 200 yds. out I thought he was bigger. The rack looked a lot higher on 12x. I don't regret shooting this deer, even though it would look really good a couple of years from now. I hope it helps the team.

Well, crap. I measured wrong on the circumferences. I'll have to remeasure. I don't know when that'll be. The head and cape is in N. GA. My uncle wants to get into taxidermy and I told him to keep the cape and he could make his first attempt on it. I figured the worst that would happen is to boil it and make a European mount.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:56 AM

dang guys ill hang in there because we are whipping everyone is this #4 on the board now, good job guys, ill score mine again
Old 11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go there DHD
Old 11-29-2004, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: trophyhuntr

dang guys ill hang in there because we are whipping everyone is this #4 on the board now, good job guys, ill score mine again
That a boy, trophy... I'm thinkin' that it will get closer as some of those later season states come in.

I should have the final numbers in on mine soon.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job David. As I have said I hope my leg is healed enough that I can get out at least once towards the end of our season. I'll do my best to help out. At this point I may take just about any legal buck just to prove to myself that I beat this thing.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:55 PM

wihunter - just take it easy. One thing I've learned from my wife's hospital visits this year is that you can't rush into getting better. you have to let things happen at a reasonable pace. It'll happen.

Quick Reply: Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.