Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) All posts regarding the Rifle Deer Hunting Contest 2004 go into this Forum.

Team 3 Check In Here Please. :)

Old 09-13-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Team 3 Check In Here Please. :)

gh Attempted deletion of the thread by GH......NOT!!!

Not to worry guys/gals......Lets get ready to have some fun and do one of the things we know how to best.... HUNT WHITETAIL DEER!
Old 09-13-2004, 01:54 PM

Default RE: Team 3 - Check in here!!

Just call be Bow

I hunt in Maine and New Hampshire. Season opened on the 11th in Maine and I saw 3 bucks and passed shots on two small 6 pointers in the first 45 minutes of the season. This was best start by far. Hopefully letting these little bucks walk will pay dividens latter in the season. In Maine I hunt on a 3 acre parcel that is made up of tall pines and a vert thick creek bottom. Although this property is small it has proved to be my honey hole in the past. In New Hampshire I have 54 private acres as well as a very thuroughly scouted public ground in the northern reaches of the state. I can hunt from last Saturday through the middle of December. This is going to be my first season hunting entirely with my bow. Believe it nor not my bow has proven to be my most lethal weapon.

I hope I can contribute to a sucessful team effort.

Welcome all and good luck!
Old 09-13-2004, 02:03 PM

Hey adams!! Get us on the board early! Glad we are on the same team and I hope those food plots work out for you!!
Old 09-13-2004, 02:08 PM

I hope those food plots work out for you!!
Haha, This is funny. Those 3 bucks skipped on my food plots and raided my fathers garden. They ate the tops off almost all his pepers and most of his pole beans and also broke his electric fence. It looked as thought they got their racks caught up in the fence. My fathers was a bit pissed when I told him I had passed on the two buck that presented shots. He wanted revenge
Old 09-14-2004, 07:23 AM

Hey........where's the rest of my team?? Even mod's don't check....lol.........
Old 09-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

My name is Jeromy Speyrer and I hunt in the Texas Hill Country. We have a private lease with 1200 acres and 8 hunters. We have been practicing QDM for the last 7 years and have had great results. Last year I harvested a 130" 9 point late in the season. Not the best buck I have seen out there, but it was mature (6 1/2-7 1/2) and good enough for me. I hope to post a nice buck this year. We have seen some very nice bucks this summer that should push into the 140s and 150s. Kinda makes you think about what you aren't seeing Our season starts first weekend of November and runs through the first weekend of January. We are a rifle only lease so I won't be able to take advantage of the early bow season. I always take the first week off from work and spend the entire time up at the lease hunting.

Oh, by the way. I hunt with a 22-250 and I shoot everything in the neck. I hope that doesn't offend anyone

Anyways, I look forward to a good season and I hope to contribute
Old 09-14-2004, 09:04 AM

THESE TEAMS ARE FINAL. NO ALTERNATES. IF YOUR MEMBER DOESN'T CHECK IN, TOUGH, HUNT WITH WHAT YOU GOT.

Hopefully it's more then just you and me Ground Hunter. I'll try to do my part but I can't guarentee 160". I'll actually be happy if I can bring 120" to the team. It's tough to find quality bucks in my aera. Everyone in these parts shoots the first spike they see. Hopefully time and persistence will pay off If not I'll just snjoy the woods
Old 09-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

What ideas do y'all have for a team name?

What about "Team Horn-y"

Or "Bone Hunters"

Just shootin' from the hip here
Old 09-14-2004, 02:21 PM

How about "Lethal Predators" or "Pinnicle of the food chain"?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

keyboard scyrewed pu........koo9l. aid....got to l.ove kids! (L>O(L>

More utommorow....after get new 1

Quick Reply: Team 3 Check In Here Please. :)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.