Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Congrat to the winners!

Old 02-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Congrat to the winners!

I talked alot of smack before the contest. Murphy's law made sure that I didn't back it up. Took 2 does with my bow and missed a giant with my shotgun. I will be back talking smack once I get out of counseling for my miss.[:'(] I might tell the whole story later, but right now....it just hurts too much. He was 170 class.........and apparently quick enough to dodge my shot. Anywho, congrats on all the great deer and my deepest apologies to team 6 for my lackluster effort.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:19 AM

Default RE: Congrat to the winners!

Thanks

[8D]
Old 02-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'm not a winner yet. But would like to say that this contest pushed my hunting this year another notch. It wasn't so much to win as it was to really try for a big buck, kind of a personal thing if you will. Since I wasn't going to shoot a small-racked deer unless I absolutely had to, (as I did due to heading into the late season with no meat in the freezer), I of course saw more small bucks this year than I have any other year in 24 years of hunting.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also really gave her this season and was warranted to 2 deer during the rifle hunt ,but was ubable to have a strong finish for the bowhunt .I had some very close call's this season but I guess it just wasn't to be but I did give it that extra effort .Although I certainly can't complain because we are well above the middle of the pack of this contest and somer of my fabulous team mate's were warrated with some excellent deer this season .I can't wait till next season start's .Anyway's I'd like to congratulate the winner's of this season's contest whether it be team #8 or even team #7 but it sound's as though she may go down to the wire .

nubo
Old 02-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, the contest was a lot of fun!! While I didn't help my team at all!
I tried, I didn't even score during gun season!

Congrats to the winners!!! Lets do it again next year.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was fun! I didn't help my team with a buck but I took 3 deer this season, 1 bowkill and 2 gunkills! Thanks to the people that invested their time and effort for all of us to enjoy!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a great time. Wish I could have helped out my team. Already started scouting for next season.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congradulations teammates for all the hard efforts that paid off and I wouldn't let any indiviual whinning or cring take away from all the hard work and sweat that we each have shared in.
Bring the fat lady up to the mic please. Bobby

>>>>----------------PROUD MEMBER OF THE ELITE 8--------------------->>>>>>>>