HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-bow-52/)
-   -   Deer Contest Numbers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-bow/89259-deer-contest-numbers.html)

SW Iowa Hunter 02-04-2005 01:22 PM

Deer Contest Numbers

Just alittle trivia for the deer contest. As you will see I had way too much time on my hands but I thought it was interesting. I was trying to compare the numbers to what I figured was going on in my area.

Total Teams Members = 23 teams = 230 members

Total Deer taken = 57 = 24.8%

Total inches of horn = 5664 = 99 inch avg.

8 teams finished with a better than average kill rate of 3 or more deer entered = <24.8%

15 teams finished with lower than average kill rate of 2 or less deer entered = >24.8%

Team # ----------------------- AVG------------------------- Total-------------# deer
__________________________________________________ ________________________

16 --------------------------------128----------------------------383-----------------3

20 --------------------------------118----------------------------471-----------------4

11 --------------------------------103----------------------------309-----------------3

7 ---------------------------------99----------------------------596-----------------6

6 --------------------------------97----------------------------386------------------4

17 --------------------------------95----------------------------286------------------3

8 ---------------------------------91----------------------------637------------------7

18 ---------------------------------62----------------------------185------------------3

__________________________________________________ ________________________
Totals -----------------------------99--------------------------3253-------------------33

Rest of the best totals____________________________________________ ____________

15 teams -----------------------100----------------------------2411------------------24

I thought it was kind of interesting that 8 teams shot more deer than the other 15 combined but they both averaged almost the same size when compared.

Ok, like I said I had way too much time, but here is what I really was checking out

Date Entered-------------------AVG Size----------------Total Inches------------Total Deer
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Oct 1 - Oct 15-------------------108-------------------------1517----------------------14

Oct 15 - Oct 31-------------------82--------------------------655-----------------------8

Nov 1 - Nov 15------------------111-------------------------1771----------------------16

Nov 15 - Dec 1-------------------96---------------------------962----------------------10

Dec Totals------------------------95---------------------------567----------------------6

Jan Totals------------------------66---------------------------199-----------------------3

I broke it down to my catagories
Oct 1 - 15 Pattern the big bucks

Oct 15 - Nov______Pre- rut wack and stack the little bucks, rattle em right in

Nov 1 - 15 _______Rut go after the big bucks while you can

Nov 15- Dec _____Post rut big bucks resting little bucks still looking

Dec ____________No pattern, no rut good luck

Jan ____________Snow, alittle pattern, but way way too cold you got to be nuts

I rounded all the numbers up or down so don't scream at me if you come up with something alittle different.

Had a blast this year reading all the quotes and looking at the pictures.

Don't care who wins, Don't care who loses ( this is really easy to say since my team lost) I had a blast and look forward to next year.

DoubleLung55 02-04-2005 01:28 PM

RE: Deer Contest Numbers

wow ... you are absolutley nuts man , but nice work i can tell u were a good math student

Cougar Mag 02-04-2005 01:32 PM

Good work, thats interesting! By the way...are you a CPA!;)

SW Iowa Hunter 02-04-2005 01:37 PM

Sell real estate and insurance do taxidermy anything that makes my wife think I have a job and still allows me to hunt whenever I want.

SW Iowa Hunter 02-04-2005 01:40 PM

I also thought that almost a 100 inch avg was pretty good for picking 230 bowhunters randomly through out the country.

RTA47 02-04-2005 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: SW Iowa Hunter

Sell real estate and insurance do taxidermy anything that makes my wife think I have a job and still allows me to hunt whenever I want.
Sounds like a smart man to me!;)
Nice work by the way. There is no way I could have had time to do anything like that without being constantly interrupted.
Very Interesting results though?

BowHuntingFool 02-13-2005 09:11 AM

WOW nice stats, thanks!!!!