Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

ALL talk and no action!

Old 09-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default ALL talk and no action!

All this trash talk and hype about everyone being the best hunter and having the best spot(s).......

Why does the Official Score Card have no entries?!?!?!

I didn't actually expect the competition to be tough, but come on guys.....do your husbands/boyfriends hunt better than you do?

LOL, just had to stir it up a little. Good luck everyone. Basically, I am going stir crazy waiting for my season to open and am disappointed that there hasn't been anyone that I can live vicariously through yet.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ALL talk and no action!

I saw a grand total of 3 does in my first weekend out, my partner had all the luck and saw all the deer - but no shooters came within range. Give it some time, once everyone's season opens and the rut starts picking up and I'm sure we're going to have a bunch of entries. It's hard to get close to a big one this early in the year - they're laying pretty low right now.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well there has been two deer taken. A maby? 120 class eight pt. by JBRA I am not sure what team he is on? And another by " Tribal" 130 class 13 pt. from team ELITE-8, I think the wait is that they are trying to get them scored? which could take a few days. I would think you will start to see more bucks turned in as the season gets a little closer to the rut? at least that is what i am hoping for my self You can see a pic of Tribals deer on the ELITE-8 Thread. And Jbra`s deer on the first buck of the year thread. P.S i did take a doe opening day!! And so did a few others. I know doe`s don`t count.[X(]
Old 09-21-2004, 10:15 AM

Team 13 also has a kill, no pic yet though.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Patience Grasshopper, the Big deer are still a month away. We can always continue to talk smack. It's been a little weak lately.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably because many seasons haven't opened yet...
Old 09-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Probably because many seasons haven't opened yet...
LOL--GOOD-1
Old 09-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Season not open here yet either but don't think I'm dropping one right away unless it's Mr. Big....I'm off in Novemeber for the rut so I'm gonna be choosy.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Tribal's deer is nice. I think that all you guys that get deer before my season even opens should send your backstraps to me.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:27 PM

I'm with Rob on this. I don't want to arrow a 75" buck without making it into the rut. If history holds true I'll see some dandy bucks in time. I could have had team Wackem and Stackem on the board but I think 75" would handicap us. I may live to eat buck tag soup but such is bow hunting. I love this sport!

Quick Reply: ALL talk and no action!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.