Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread >

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Two nights in a row without seeing a deer! I hope to change my luck in the morning. My brother-in-law shot a nice doe last night. Last night saw the neighbor decide it was time to build a stand in a timber I hunt. He was building it 50 yards from my stand during prime time. He scouted the edge where he put the stand, and said, to his son, that he saw little sign. I wanted to tell hime that the 20-30 deer I've seen so far in that timber had walked in his tracks, but decided he could figure it out for himself. Tonight was perfect in every way except the fact that I didn't see a deer. Hope your luck is better than mine so far.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:02 PM

Hang in there Woodline, its still early in the season. In the last two afternoons i've seen 12 doe, 1 button buck, a spike, and a huge 6pnter with great mass and long main beams but just no brow tines. He was probably close to 20inches wide, but protected under Pa's antler restrictions. I'll be out again tommorrow, hopefully a shooter shows up
Old 10-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Went out last night and didn't see anything. Going out again tomorrow evening...on a different farm. Pretty excited to get out there. Haven't hunted this place hard in a couple of years. It's soooo early...but it would be nice to score sometime soon. Getting anxious I guess. I have passed on two smaller bucks so far, so I guess that is a little consolation. It's just amazing how stealthy those big bucks are.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

I went out this morning again and saw 4 coon, 6 squirrels, and finally 2 deer. They came in late and busted me. I hate that. They came in the same way they have been and the wind was the worst it could be. I can't wait for a north wind to see what happens.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:24 PM

the team activity sounds great!

i've seen several deer so far but not the right one
Old 10-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe jerry606. You started the season off right. You have some good eating meat in the freezer. That takes the edge off things, time to sit back and wait for a good buck.
I will hunt elk/deer saturday morning. Antelope rifle season opens sunday morning. The wife & I will head to are favorite spot and wait for the antelope to come to us. We have 5-tags to fill. I hope we can fill them all early sunday morning. Two years ago we filled all four of our tags, loaded the antelope in the truck & drove home before 9:00 a.m. I will hunt deer sunday evening if I have time?

good luck to all,

WK
Old 10-07-2004, 10:00 PM

Hey Gang,

I hit a 6 pointer this morning with my car on the way to work..

700 dollar buck...lol... new headlamp, windshield, mirror, door...

what a great day...
Old 10-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

It won't make it on the score card, but I guess it is the first buck this team has taken. Glad to hear nobody was hurt, sucks the damage they can do. I just saw a six point on my way home from work. I backed up and he just stood there. Just a little basket rack, but nice to see. I was glad he stayed in the ditch. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:19 PM

Saw the first shooter of the season. He was a tall racked 9pnt with about a 15in spread, his tines were roughly 7-9 inches long- a really pretty buck. Had him in around 25 yards, i was gunna shoot but i let the bow down to wait for a better shot, as i only had a small hole to thread the arrow through. Just my luck he turns the wrong way and walks off into the corn never offering a better shot. [:@]
Old 10-09-2004, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

I shot a doe last night. Nice bodied deer shot at 28 yards, complete pass through. She went about 50 yards and fell over. It's nice to get that first one of the year, now going to see if I can find Mr. Big Buck this morning. Good luck all!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.