Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread >

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

NC, it is warm up here too...I may try to get out this weekend. Supposed to rain so I'll see what happens...I hate sweatin like a pig on the way to the stand!!

JJ
Old 09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Hunter,

Been over there a few times but have never hunted it. Had a chance to lease 400 acres next to the park but it never came together.

want to hunt down my way some weekend?

Good luck all!

LLBUX
Old 09-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey You Stragglin Sucks

You have just been sniped by Team 4 !!!!

ILNYPAKY-EH !!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I wouldn't take that crap from button buck killers. Who knows, maybe you girls will only shoot the Does.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

It will be nice when the talking stops and the shooting begins! 16 long days to go!
Old 09-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sat in my pop-up blind last night. I did not see the big 170-class Whitetail I have been after. My wife drove out and watched the field from a distance. She said the big buck came into the field & feed about 300-yards behind me.[] I never saw him. The good news is when I took down the ground blind & walked out of the field, I did not scare any deer out of the field. The deer kept there distance but did not run. I will set-up again tonight & try to intercept that big buck again?
I did see a good 4x4 mule deer buck last night. He came in too late to field judge/score him but he was a shooter buck.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Wolf killer, I don't think the rest of the team would mind if you took a nice muley...good luck!

On my way to work this morning, I saw a nice 140 class buck in the middle of a bean field...about 40 yards from the road. There's something you don't see every day...unbelievable! Very dark horns, which is rare for around here...of course it is still September, so they may lighten up as the hunting season goes along. Saw this deer a couple of miles from one of the farms I hunt...which makes you a little anxious for the season to start.

LLBUX, how many other guys are on your lease?
Old 09-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

We would be tough to beat if we would each kill a 140" buck.

My best guess is that it will take just 600" of antler for a team to win.

Thanks to this contest, I have the incentive to get out more often and the incentive to take a buck rather than the doe I usually take each year.

Let's get 'em. No talk, all action.

LLBUX
Old 09-15-2004, 07:35 PM

Hey Y'all,

Wolf I hope you get that big sucker..... Good Luck.. LLbux I agree.. 600 sounds like the number to aim for.. But if the whole team got a deer it would be really really hard to beat... That would be awesome... This team thing is really cool.. Got to meet some good people..

GIT R DONE....
Old 09-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck everyone! It sounds like the first buck of the year has been taken and will be entered tonight. We can all have a sigh of relief and get after our bucks. I have 10 days until taxidermy school, and 17 days until I can actually get out. I can't wait for either one. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.