Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread >

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

good luck hunter! Things should be alot of fun the next couple of weeks for you guys. Keep us posted!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

Its now permit season here in NJ. We must again shoot another doe before harvesting a buck.. I took mine this morning. Had few does feed on in at 15 yds about 7 this am. The closest one gave me a broadside shot so I took it. Wham. Perfect pass thru shot behind the front shoulder. She ran off about 40 yds, stopped, and tipped over! Had her tagged, dragged, checked in and quartered up by 10. Now back at work wishing I was back out chasing the 2 good bucks I know are there. I get one this saturday or monday..

good luck out there team...
Old 11-06-2004, 07:49 PM

saw the same 11pt. that i've seen a few other times this year TWICE today

hunted all day and saw him twice

he's nice!!!

Good Luck to all of you!
Old 11-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck rack! We could sure use a brute like that on the board. I have been out with my bro-in-law and saw three bucks, one pretty decent one. They seem to be staying out later in the mornings now, so they must be getting interested in the does. I tried to get my final doe last night, but the 6 that I saw stayed out of range. I did have a basket rack in range. He moved through quickly with his nose on the ground. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:35 PM

Hasn't been much action here in KY. We have yet to get that first freeze to usher in the rut. I went out early today and saw a button buck. Decided not to take that shot. I think it's a little early to rattle, so I've been using one of those primos cans and a bottle of tinks. Hoping to see some pre-rut activity. Congrats Woodline and Stay strong out there fellas.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Gilmore! Be patient and shoot straight! Hope everyone else is finding luck. I saw a great 10 point last night at 30 yards! Sucks to have mine on the ground, but hopefully one of my in-laws can score on a good one. If not gun season is only a month away. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-14-2004, 11:56 AM

Bump. Anybody having any luck??
Old 11-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

My bro-in law, SW Iowa Hunter, scored on a nice eight 11-12-04. He scored in the 130's. I rattled in a similar buck for his brother, but had some problems getting him to get past 50 yards. I am going out in the morning for a doe. Hopefully the weather will hold up. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Well, to report as of yet. Not going bowhunting until Thanksgiving morning...gun season starts this Friday. Believe it or not, the corn is still up in my favorite hunting spot...makes things a little difficult. You can see the deer moving through it, but rarely do they come up...and why would they. They can stand 4 to 5 rows back and see everything that is happening. Oh well. Have only seen one decent buck so far. Have passed on several smaller ones.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys....My season is over. Passed a half rack and a 4pt on Saturday.Sorry I could not add to the score. I could not justify shootin a young buck.(Thats just me) I had my shot at the big guy in October but missed. Good luck to all still hunting....

Quick Reply: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.