Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread >

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Good one Jerry!!! Congrats....

I lightened the pic up...
Old 10-11-2004, 07:48 AM

thanks Joe, looks alot better
Old 10-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck Jerry. Thanks for breaking the ice & getting us on the board.
I missed a dandy non-typical mule deer on saturday.[]
Old 10-11-2004, 05:47 PM

updates from Gilmore and Zukidude?? hope you guys are huntin hard. Im bored now that im outta tags [&o]
Old 10-11-2004, 07:30 PM

I've been out in the woods everyday for the past week. I've seen a few decent bucks, but nothing that I'd want to use the antlered tag on. It was pretty windy today, but I saw a four pointer and drew back, but couldn't bring myself to shoot. It was small and thin and there's no telling how far it would have run after being hit. I'm going again tomorrow and the next day and the next until I see a decent buck.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

jerry, you're out of tags for the year? You can't even buy archery tags for does? In IL, we can harvest up to two bucks per deer hunting season...including all of the firearm seasons. But it also means you can kill two bucks w/ your bow. I've never heard of a "reasonable" limit...someone on the board said the limit in IL is 99 for archery...not for sure if that's right though.

Do you hunt anything else besides deer?
Old 10-12-2004, 12:02 PM

Hunter here in Pa we are only allowed one buck per season and we are allowed unlimited antlerless tags until they sell out. I only got lucky enough to get to antlerless tags (they sell out real fast). I've got one anterless tag left, but i was planning to save it for Pa's Flintlock season, i dunno if i can wait that long though. I just may have to go stick another one with the bow. Good luck guys, keep me posted.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

I went out tonight in 25mph winds and saw but one squirrel. I did see a new scrape and a couple rubbed trees, so I know they are coming through there. I can't wait for the cold weather to come in and the rut to start. It will be a long couple of weeks I think. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:41 PM

Hang in there Woodline, those big boys should start getting lovesick and stupid real soon. Sounds like some pretty nasty hunting conditions, hopefully they'll get better soon. Best of luck, we could really use some inches before Team 8 runs away with this thing.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

We'll be okay jerry...the best hunting is in front of us. Once some of the corn gets picked around here, those bucks will have to actually get up and move around. One of the big guys I've been hunting for two years gets up, goes and takes a drink of water...stretches and goes back to the corn field. He'll eventually have to change the routine. My "main" stand is bout 75 yards away from area, but of course on another guys property. I won't be hunting this stand again until some rut action hits.

Won't be going out until Saturday morning...that seems like it's three weeks away.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.