Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread >

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 07:53 AM

Default RE: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Shot a doe friday morning 15 minutes into the season and took another one sunday morning. Saw 3 bucks, all came within 60 yards but no shooters.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Hguage!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:49 AM

I have had several chances to kill a doe but everyone has had yearlings (with spots)with them, so I passes. I also passed on a buck with two long spikes with a brow tine on each. I did get a hog with the bow so I guess that counts for a little.

But I am gonna keep trying.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:39 PM

Congrats to you too titleist and everyone else who has taken one for the freezer.

Pork Chop, hogs are a lot of fun to hunt and good eating. Congrats on taking one. I wish we had wild hogs running around here in Illinois, however the farmers don't agree with me.

Good Luck to everyone!
Old 10-04-2004, 03:30 PM

Dropped a Nice Doe Sunday morning saw a few nice bucks also and this is gonna blow your mind I told you guys iam hunting 3/4 of a mile from where beatty killed that monster and this old farmer showed me a video he made a few days prior to opening day he lives next door to where Iam Hunting. this Buck was UNREAL it will beat the beatty buck easily i couldnt beleive that a buck like that is roaming the land iam Huting.I hope i can get this Brusier for the team Guys iam Hunting hard. Wish me luck i gotta feeling this ole Buck isnt gonna give in with out a fight lol

Old 10-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beat the Beatty buck and the contest is yours my friend! good luck!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sneekky, you get a deer that beat Beaty and the contest will be won by good ol team 22. And the Most Valuable Hunter award goes to you my friend! Good luck!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:48 PM

GOOD LUCK!
it must be nice to have a chance like that......sometimes I wish I would have taken that 4 pointer just to help add a few ("INCHES") to the teams total score.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Well fellas, I managed to take a decent 9 point this morning, but I'm hesitant to entering him just yet. Here in WI, as long as I shoot another doe, I can hunt for another buck. My brother and I already have heard from the neighbors to our property about 3 yeah THREE bruisers running around in our woods and popping out once in a while in their fields...lol, but they always go back into OUR woods...lmao. The neighbor, whom I believe after seeing some of his headmounts, knows a good buck, and said he'd shoot any one of the three.....soooooooooo.....I think I'm going to hang onto this one for now until I see if I can't get one of the bigger ones......we can only post ONE for entry. If nothing else, we already KNOW we're on the board if it comes down to it...we're NOT skunked. We had decided to take this buck out because we knew him by a mark on his back(bald spot) and though his body was getting large at 180 lbs. dressed, he just didn't have what he should for a 3 1/2 yr. old buck. Enjoy the pic, but I will warn you...he stopped just as he started to enter my shooting lane....I couldn't hold back any longer, and shot him in the neck.

Old 10-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Ahhhhhhhhh....nevermind, I just reread the rules and it clearly states...."The FIRST buck you kill with bow and arrow must be the one entered." Well at least we're on the board.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.