Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread >

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Congrats Mobowhuntr! Nothing like getting the big fat doe to fill the freezer. Now you can concentrate on the big guy.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:38 PM

hey guys just seeing if i figured the logo out
Old 09-16-2004, 11:23 PM

congrats Mobow!

The little spiker was probably just curious. I wouldn't think this has anything to do with the rut or start of the breeding cycle. He's young and dumb!
I think it was some pre rut going on....The body size of the deer wasn't small, I think maybe a cow horn spike----(bad genetic's)

Plus the rut here is usually kickin between OCT 15-NOV 1
Old 09-17-2004, 03:21 AM

scouted for 3 days straight hung 4 stands iam set. Seen a bruiser 12 or 13 was hard to tell only got a look for a about 10 seconds also saw 2 real nice 10pts so i got a real good feeling for team 22 this year fellas!!

Old 09-17-2004, 06:27 AM

Went to the ranch last weekend to check the cameras, and make sure for one last time everything was a go. I moved a stand this year a little closer to a uck bedding area I foun at the end of last season, and have been keeping a close eye on it for a couple of months with little or no activity. Well guess what!!!!! Rubs, Rubs, and more Rubs on the same trees on the same trails, and then even better photos! The roll is not finished yet but I am certain it is him. There are only 9 pictures on it, but the way the deer move I know it is him. The does do the same thing every day, and the bucks seem to be intermittent. Sometimes here sometimes there. If it were the does I would have like years befor a roll of film a week full. I made a mineral lick in the ground back when I moved the stand, and he is using it! Here he comes, settle down, draw, peep, green pin low, breathe, squeeeeeeeeze. If I freekin miss you guys will here me screem all the way up north. Man am I pumped!!!!!!! Just two full weeks. Oh yeah!
Old 09-17-2004, 08:40 AM

Well guys, we're headed out to the farm tonight for an all weekend hunt. Hopefully good things will happen. I am bringing my 13 yr. old son along, and am really going to try to let him shoot one, but hopefully I will get to do some hunting myself. Will report in on Monday. Have a great weekend!!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Typical Buck

Season is finally opening here in WI....wooooooooooohooooooooo!!! I'm hoping to stuff my "Earn a Buck" right away tomorrow morning, being as all I've had on my cam pics is doe, I'm hoping it won't take long. I've never minded taking a doe for meat, but being forced to do so STILL SUCKS...damn CWD![:@][:'(]
Old 09-19-2004, 10:14 PM

well the weekend is over......anybody done any good yet?
Old 09-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Typical Buck

I know I didn't, all the doe I had on film in the last month, and not ONE showed up all weekend. I know there isn't anybody else hunting behind my house, but they must have been cut off in a neighboring propert. Oh well....there's always next weekend.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:53 AM

Could of shot a couple of does, but I had a moment of weakness and let them walk..No bucks yet, but should get pretty good. I am in a managed hunt here in about 2 weeks, and I know there are lots of bigguns in there.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.