Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread >

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 03:45 PM

Default RE: Official Team Arrow Slingers (22) Thread

testing my signature
Old 09-08-2004, 04:43 PM

I for Bldtrailone as well.

I have been hunting our same 450 acre ranch for the past six years, and have seen my fair share of good deer for this area. The largest I have taken off of the property is 120" 9 (not so good), but for the past 3 years we have but rarely seen a 150" monster for this area (looks more like my bird dog with a tree on it's head), and I am hot on the trail of another possible 140" for this season. He came to 40 yards from me last season, and down wind. So you can do the math for which end I saw the most of. After the season closed I walked his trail unknowingly all the way to his bed, and he jumped up no farther than 15 yards in front of me. Kinda like hunting rabbits. I got a second real good look at him that time around and have been planning the assault ever since. I have two stands dedicated just for him depending on the wind. With 8 stand locations in all scattered about. All are ready with lanes cut, and stands placed. I also make good use of my double bull, and one climber. I like to move about so I think I am fairly well prepared. I don't have the monsters of the mid-west, but I will have some inches to add to the tally either way.

Old 09-08-2004, 05:49 PM

Hey guys, hoping i have the time to put in as captain. Can someone possibly enlighten me as to the responsibilites before I take the plunge? A little info for all of you: I strictly bow hunt.
The season in Ohio runs from October 2nd through January 31st. I hunt two 50+ acre lots and eight 5-10 acre urban spots. Last year I took an 8 pointer as well as 4 doe and 1 buffalo.
I have been persuing the 8 pointers father for three years, he is a 160+ 12 pointer. This year he's mine! The previous year I also took an 8 pointer and 3 doe during what was my first year of hunting and my 26th year of being an archer. I now eat, sleep, and drink as a hunter!!!!! My family have become hunters widows throughout these months, I spend every available moment in the woods. Thus my concern about being captain, I hope I can fulfill my duties time wise.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no idea what the responsibilities are.
They have buffalo in Ohio?
Old 09-08-2004, 07:37 PM

Bldtrailone, you should do fine as a captain.....
Old 09-08-2004, 07:40 PM

no but they do in north dakota. i like the second logo also
Old 09-08-2004, 07:47 PM

have we heard from everyone yet? I emailed everyone the other day but haven't heard from Buckem.....I found Sneeky checked in on a different post....

ORIGINAL: sneekky

i got an email saying i was put on team 22 i hope this is what they meant by checking in.

we need to find out about Buckem
Old 09-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do you guys think that Buckem is going to check in....I have a situation and need to place an alternate..........how much time should we give Buckem..?
Old 09-08-2004, 08:48 PM

nice logo you guys have
Old 09-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

OKAY, here's the deal, Buckem has not checked in so he's off and Rattlesnake1 is now on Team 22....make it so...I'll have him check in with your guys so welcome him aboard....

This has been difficult and I'll speak with Buckem if he checks in....I apologize to him but he's the very last of 231 members to check in...that's the way it has to be....

Thanks to everyone for your patience.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.