Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread >

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 03:24 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Good luck fellas. At least some of the team are seeing bucks. Sounds like we’re all putting in the time so it shouldn’t be long & one of us is bound to connect on one. I’ve seen 3 different big bucks on one of the properties I’ve been hunting. Even had the head & neck of one of them at 38 yards but I haven’t had a shot at any of them yet. Only thing within range so far have been two small 6’s. And I mean small.

A buddy of mine has already filled his buck tag & is still seeing nice bucks within bow range on almost every outing. Here’s a photo of a decent 10 that he had walk by on Sunday morning.

I’m heading out to this spot with him for an all day hunt on Sunday. Of course with my luck I won’t see anything but squirrels all day. I’ll be spending Friday afternoon and all day Saturday trying to get a closer look at one of those 3 bucks that I’ve seen around my best spot.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:27 PM

Here's a pick of a 9 pointer that he saw the week before on the same property. It's tough to make out but you can see his head & ears right in the middle of the photo. Then you'll notice the nice tall rack. He's got several photos of bucks that have been within range since he tagged his 11 pointer but these are the two biggest.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

Boys I'm back! I scored on a nice buck in Missouri. Do it yourself public land hunting at it's finest, payed big for me with the (ballpark) 115" or so main frame 8 point with a total of 10 scorable points and if you ask me it's an 11 point. I'll have pictures up with the details after I get some sleep. 1000 miles and 16 hours in a vehicle sucks.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:33 AM

MM-congrats on the buck. That's a long drive, but it sounds like it was worth it.

Jeepnut-hopefully you'll get a crack at one of those bucks. Good luck.

I picked the wrong week for vacation. Last year the first week of November was fantastic. This year the deer activity during the day was terrible. But last year the temp never got much above 30 degrees and this year it never really got below 30 degrees. The only decent deer I saw was a very large 10 pointer at 9pm coming back from getting something to eat. That was a long eight days.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Old 11-09-2004, 10:19 AM

Congratulations Mantis! That's one awesome buck! I'm guessing it was worth the drive.

I came real close to adding an 8 pointer to our total on Sunday. A buddy & I were set up in a creek where the deer funnel through. We were only about 35 yards apart and the idea was that we would be able to film each other & hopefully get another shot on film this year. There was a fence between us; any doe on his side was his, doe on my side was mine, and a buck on either side was mine since his buck tag is filled already.

At about 8:00 we watched one of the biggest 10 pointers either of us have seen chasing 4 does about 100 yards off. Never came in to offer a shot but we got to watch them for almost an hour. And then out of no where we had a real big 8 pointer run right in on us. I was in the process of drawing back as he was running through right between us & my buddy whistled to stop him. He stopped perfectly broadside not 20 yards away but in the short time that it took me to get anchored and start to settle a pin on him he spun around & was facing me. Eric whistled again to try to get him to spin around but instead he took a few steps right toward me. He couldn't have been more than 4 yards away facing my tree. He stood there for a split second & decided something wasn't right & he was gone. But it was exciting nonetheless. I didn't get a good look at his rack. All I know was that he was plenty big enough to shoot. Eric was watching the whole thing from his tree & got a better look at him. Said he probably would have scored around 115 to 120. 3 more days of hard hunting this coming weekend. The weather is supposed to be the coldest yet & the bucks are definitely chasing so hopefully it'll be another good weekend.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...1&key=&#820517
Old 11-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

SCBOWMAN Congrats on your buck! I just read threw the threads and noticed you wacked one! Good luck on the bigger boys your seing I'm sure you'll connect with one now that you spilled the beans on your first!
Old 11-10-2004, 07:50 AM

Mantis Mayer and SCBowman,
Congrats on your nice bucks. Let's get those pictures posted on the official scorecard thread so that we can get credit for them. Right now it is showing we have no bucks on the ground. Good job to you both!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mantis what a nice buck. I have been out as much as I can which is not much! The younger bucks are pushing these does hard. THis weekend I plan to do some good hunting!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.