Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread >

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 03:09 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

congrats on the buck
Old 10-22-2004, 10:03 AM

Congratlations SCBOWMAN way to go
Old 10-23-2004, 07:53 AM

Good job! Congratulations on your deer.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

It never fails. . . This evening I went out with a buddy from work and we hunted his father in laws property, which I have never hunted. We got off to a late start and we got there around 445. Before we go in his says do you want to hunt the food plot or the mineral rock? I say food plot thinking that it would be the better of the two areas, as most people would think. Well the food plot is a 20 foot circle around the base of his ladder stand, deep in the woods. Mind you we got there late and we entered the stand via a 15 acre feild. The stand was a hundred yards in the woods. Making it even later for me to get set up. The mineral rock was on the edge of the field we entered and if I had my drothers I should of been in that spot. Well I sit in the stand till dark and do not see one deer but I did see about five coons and a ton of squirles. I stayed my entire time and when I am walking back he meets me half way through the woods and he tells me he saw the biggest deer of his career. He is a good old boy and he has taken and seen his fair share of bucks so when he tells me that I am at attention. He was down from him about 80 yards munching away on the mineral rock but only for about 20 seconds. He begins to tell me that I would of had a 15 yard shot easily. I wanted to kick myself in the face but how could I complain. If I would of known how far back the "plot" was I would of never went there because all the deer that were holding up in the first fifty yards of the woods getting ready to move out into the field where we both would of set up and the deer were pushed deeper into the wood with the two of us going to the "plot" stand. Anyway alot of boot on the ground with nothing to show back out there on thursday.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:29 PM

I am leaving Thursday afternoon and will be hunting until Nov. 9th. Most of my stands have been hung since April and I have stayed away from my 5 best stands since then. Shooting lanes and entrance/exit trails are good to go and the bow is shooting broadheads well. If the weather cooperates, the bucks should be moving up where I'll be. They started to move pretty good last weekend. I went back to a stand where I have been hunting a buck for two years. He had made 9 large scrapes since the last time I had been there the week before, including two under my stand. It was raining lightly when I climbed into the tree. After about an hour I tried rattling and grunting. After about 15 minutes I heard the buck blow and bolt back into the swamp where he had come from. He had got within 20 yards without me ever seeing or hearing him. It's all moss on the ground and very thick.[:@] I do have another stand at the other end of his bedding area since I doubt I will see him there again this year. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:05 PM

I'm also ready to hit it hard starting this weekend. I'll hunt the next four weekends in a row. Have 5 stands that I set before season that I have not been in yet. Buddy was up there a couple weeks ago and said he saw plenty of deer. We have to camp every weekend as our property is 3 hours away but it is a great way to hunt.

I've hunted some around home and have seen a number of small bucks but not the ones I'm looking for yet. I wish everyone good luck. Be safe in the tree!
Old 10-27-2004, 10:59 AM

Sounds like we've all got some pretty good places to hunt. I imagine the action is going to start picking up real soon. I passed on 2 small 6's last weekend. I've seen 3 other much larger bucks in that same area so I'm holding out for a shot at one of them. I have a feeling that it won't be long & we'll be adding some scores to SC's.

Speaking of which, have you had the chance to score that buck & post it on the Official Score thread yet SCBowman?
Old 10-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Typical Buck

Gotta go I'm in a hurry! I'm leaving for Missouri(Adair Co.) in a few minutes! Wish me luck boys I'll be back sometime around mid 2nd week Nov.

Good luck to you guys.

Later!
Old 10-31-2004, 09:21 PM

Had a good hunt this weekend even though the winds on Saturday were unbelievable. Tried to hunt one stand but I knew before I even pulled my bow up that there was no way I could handle being up there. Sunday, I hunted in that same stand after the wind layed and did not see anything until 9:55 when a doe came through followed by a large buck. Only problem was the buck had one ugly set of antlers. The main beam on both sides went straight up on both sides and ended in a set of forked antlers. Very narrow spread and it had a double set of brow tines on one side. It would have probably scored well using gross score as it had around 10 pts. I had an easy shot at 12 yards, but passed. The button buck fawn was bringing up the rear. It was fun watching everything. Better luck next weekend. Later, Mick
Old 11-01-2004, 01:44 PM

I am going to go on a three day hunt after I vote tomorrow, bucks are starting to move hear in MO. I will check in when I get back.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.