Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread >

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Do you have any other pics other than the Mod's cup photo you can post? The pic quality on the photo isn't the best, I could only count 8 points in the photo. I would like to see a better pic if you have it. What county did it come from?
Old 09-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Spike

BBHTR, here's a couple more pics...Athens Co.Ohio
Old 09-06-2004, 09:16 PM

Another Ohio hunter checking in. I've got a horrible internet connection here at home. Keep getting kicked off & have had to re-type this several times. I'll add more when I have time from the office.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Guys, please let me know if all ten members don't show up. We have one more alternate that we missed somehow and need to place him. If someone doesn't show up, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:20 AM

Another suggestion Team "21" = Team "Blackjack"
Old 09-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Spike

I was mauling that name (BLACKJACK) over in my head yesterday. I like it. I was trying to put together a logo with "team blackjack" but my computer graphics suck. By the way who are we missing so far...SCBOWMAN, MANTIS MAYER, KY_BOWMAN, RATTLESNAKE 1,AND MAHONINGBUCK...Damn that's half the team...guys chime in on the team name...
Old 09-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Spike

While we're waiting for the rest of the team to check in, let's find out where we're all from. I'm from North Dakota. I live in the SE corner of the state, 20 mi. from SD and 20 mi. from MN. I hunt close to home, but also hunt near the Canadian border and in the central part of the state. Season opened here on Friday and runs into January, so we're off and running; but plenty of time and no need to hurry. I have 4 stands in place and one ready for the road. North4
Old 09-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

One of you guys, I'm assuming will take the lead as capt.....will have to email your remaining members to get them involved....if your missing any, I have one alternate we forgot waiting in the wings to participate....if you need him, let me know asap.

Once you decide on a name, I'll edit your post to read your name like the rest...as well as the team score thread.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2004, 09:41 PM

I'm usually around here every day for at least a few minutes so I'll take on the roll of team captain, unless/until someone else decides they really want to do it.

I like the 21/blackjack thought for a suggested team name. Is it just me or are we the only team left who doesn't have a name & logo & such? Heck, we don't even have half of our team members showing up yet. I'll send the missing members an email tonight & see if I can get them to stop by.

A little about myself....
I'm a 28 year old traffic engineer, also working on becoming a registered surveyor. This will be my 4th season chasing deer, all archery only. I have a few places to hunt here in SW Ohio. My wife & I rent a house on a 150 acre sod farm, which is where most of my hunting takes place. We have nuissance/crop damage permits here on the farm so I spend most of my time hunting the does. But we have seen a few bucks around and I've been watching a couple 8's hanging around one of my stands recently.

I also have permission on my in-laws property not far from here. I hunted it a little last season for the first time. I saw some nice bucks but didn't spend much time over there. That will change this year. The buck in the photo is the one I was after last year & he has survived to haunt me again this season. The picture was taken from their kitchen window. I've seen him several times during the off seasons but only twice from my stand; both times after dark. I've spent a little more time trying to figure him out so hopefully I'll catch him during shooting light this fall.

My wifes family also has about 1300 acres in Eastern Kentucky that I've been told I can hunt. I've been down there several times but have yet to hunt it. Hoping to change that this season as well. The Ohio season starts on October 2nd, Ky season started last weekend, and I started hunting out here on the nuissance permit yesterday.

I've passed up some smaller bucks in the past few years but I'm tired of leaving that buck tag unfilled at the end of the season. So hopefully I'll get something early to get us on the board. It would be nice if it were the big guy in the photo, but I'll not be too picky this season.

.......my photo is in .bmp format so I'll have to take care of that and add it from the office tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:47 AM

Jeepnut,
Go for it as for being the captain. Thanks for taking the initiative.
Mick

Quick Reply: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.