Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread >

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 10:06 AM

Default RE: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Good job Mantis glad you enjoyed Mo. I have thousands of Ackers of privet land to hunt hear and find my self on public land more times than not. It looks like union ridge or rebel’s cove by the pic. I was hoping to get one like that before riffle season but it don’t look like that is going to happen season starts Sat.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good looking buck Mantis - Congratulations !!!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't we still need SCBOWMAN's buck added to the "Official Score Card" thread?
Old 11-18-2004, 06:46 AM

Yup. I've sent him an email & a PM recently but haven't heard anything. I've seen him around the site though so I know he's still around. Not sure what the holdup is.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:53 AM

Sorry guys, I just got back from a hunting trip in Ohio. Also one of my coworkers got the axe so I have been really busy at work. I have all the forms printed off its just a matter of getting time to score the rack and post it in the score thread. I will get it done asap! Congrats Mantis that is a very nice buck!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys for the congrats! How's everyone else doing? Pumpkins everywhere here in NY[:@] Yesterday was last day of early season bow.....first year getting skunked since I was 15yrs old.

(Skunked = harvest nothing in NY)
Old 11-22-2004, 04:53 PM

Nothing good to report from me. Rifle season is finally over here so if we get some cold weather and the farmers can get out in their fields and cut some of the corn things should pick up alittle bit.
I purchased a Summit Viper stand a couple of weeks ago. That was a very good purchase. Easy to use and very comfortable. I like it enough that I am probably going to sell my Lone Wolf climber. Hopefully I'll find out what it feels like to shoot a deer out of it yet this year. We have a little more than one month to go here yet so I will keep hunting until the very end.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:37 AM

Well Fellas, it's been a long couple days with a bittersweet ending, but I've got my buck for the year. First buck ever actually. Nice 8 pointer.

I'll add pics & story later but here's the quick rundown: I shot him around 7:40 on Thanksgiving morning. Good sign on the arrow, obvious lung hit but not much of a blood trail & it ended after only 60 yards. We looked all morning on Thursday then had to leave for Thanksgiving Day plans. Started looking again at first light on Friday. Finally found him around 1:30 or 2:00 on Friday afternoon, but unfortunately the coyotes had found him first. Not much left at all but I tagged him & checked him in. Just figured it was the right thing to do. I'll fill in the details later.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

That's great JeepNut way to go! Don't let the yotes ruin your spirit! I commend you for not giving up! I can't wait to see the pics and watch that score card bump up.[8D]
Old 11-29-2004, 04:20 PM

Jeepnut, Congrates on the buck. Too bad about the yotes. It's amazing how quickly predators can find a downed animal.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.