Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread >

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 02:59 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

WHAT'S UP FELLAS, I HAVE BEEN ON VACATION FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS AND HAVE BEEN IN STAND FOR MOST OF IT. I HAVE BEEN HUNTING FORT KNOX EXCLUSIVELY AND HAVE SEEN MORE DEER IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS THAN I SAW ALL LAST YEAR.
I WALKED INTO MY AREA FOR THE FIRST EVENING AND DECIDED TO TRY AND FIND SOME WATER TO HUNT OVER SINCE IT WAS SO HOT WITH VERY LITTLE RAIN. I FOUND A CREEK BED WITH JUST A LITTLE BIT OF WATER LEFT WHERE THIS FOUR WHEELER TRAIL MADE KIND OF A LITTLE WASHOUT. I CLIMBED A TREE ABOUT 20 YARDS FROM THE WATER AND WAITED I ENDED UP SEEING A TOTAL OF 15 DOES AND 1 SMALL FORKHORN BUCK ALL IN ABOUT A HALF HOUR BEFORE DARK.

ON ONE MORNING I SAW A DECENT 8 POINTER WALK RIGHT UNDER ME. I WAS TEMPTED TO TAKE HIM BUT DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD MAKE THE SIZE MINIMUM FOR FORT KNOX SO I PASSED.
I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF RUBS AND A FEW SCRAPES AND IT LOOKS AS THOUGH THE BUCKS ARE FOR SURE OUT OF THEIR BACHELOR GROUPS SO I BELIEVE IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE I START TO SEE MORE BUCKS MORE OFTEN. ALL IN ALL I HAVE HAD A GREAT VACATION AND NOW IT'S TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET ON THE SCORECARD SOON ENOUGH.

KY_BOWMAN
Old 10-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am off this morning and I can not wait to see what I might see! This weekend was did not fit real well in the priority department. Saturday nephews birthday party, Sunday at Heinze feild with the steel town worriers, monday no energy, tuesday have fear oh ye deer because there will be a predator in the woods at first light!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

It always seems that I put friends in the right spot! He sees seven, takes a small doe, and said there was a monster chasing the other does. I have heard of bucks chasing does for a week and I am floored, what is going on out there? Any way the season is long and I am dedicated.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I figure that the rest of you must be hunting your a**** off. Has anyone drawn first blood?
Old 10-08-2004, 06:46 AM

I have put allot of boot on the ground, no bucks 1 doe so far
Old 10-08-2004, 08:15 AM

I've got a college buddy coming in to hunt this weekend. I'll be in the woods starting this afternoon & will be hunting through Sunday evening so hopefully I'l get the chance to put meat of some sort in the freezer. Should be a fun weekend either way. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:14 PM

Good luck jeepnut
Old 10-11-2004, 07:50 AM

Well, we hunted a ton this weekend but have nothing much to show for it. Had a great time though. I don’t think I’ve ever hunted that much consecutively. I hunted a different spot each time out & each one was someplace I had never hunted so that made for a fun weekend. I saw more bucks than my usual spots but none were within range or offered a shot. But I think I’ve found some places where I’ll be spending a lot more time so I consider it a successful weekend. I did have a doe at about 7 yards yesterday morning. She needed to step out about another foot but just wouldn’t cooperate.

This was my buddy’s first outing & I was able to set him up in a couple places where he saw deer. He had a 6 pointer at about 17 yards for 10 minutes on Saturday evening but it never offered a shot. Had 2 does come in at the same place but he didn’t get a shot at them either. Then Sunday morning he had a doe give him all the time in the world to shoot. From his description of where she came in and went to around that stand, he could have shot any number of times. He said he reached full draw but his anchor didn’t feel quite right, etc, etc. Sounded like a case of first deer jitters to me. But how cool is that to be within bow range of a buck & 3 does on your first outing? And to get to draw on one that first time too. He’s hooked.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:25 PM

Just checking in. I've been hunting alot lately. I've seen quite a few deer. I had a doe standing with her head down at 22 yards this weekend and was about to pull back when a small fawn ran out of the woods into the clover and tried to start nursing. I just couldn't shoot her then. I know there will be other opportunities to come. No shooters in range yet. I've seen a couple from long distance but nothing big up close. I'm going to get out one or two nights this week and then it's up north again this weekend.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Off again to try my luck this weekend! I will be hunting an area that I have hunted in the past with great rewards. I equate this place as my honey hole. It is in Carrol County where it can get alittle up and down if you know what I mean. Holds great bucks and doe everywhere the only problem is this wind! I will keep you posted if I tag the big one and get this team on the board, what is up?

Quick Reply: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.