HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-bow-52/)
-   -   Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-bow/70080-official-team-lucky-13-13-thread.html)

PLB 08-23-2004 10:28 PM

Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Team 13
Cottonmouth
BlkLab
Kardkutter88
Double Creek
ETW
Hatchet Jack
MN Rut
Wihunter402
PLB
PAhunterJen

I don't know much about you guys, but would like to...ie what state are you all hunting this year? I will be hunting for Kaibab Mulies this year. What about you?

Kardkutter88 08-23-2004 11:04 PM

RE: Lucky 13

Kardkutter88 ready for action!! I live and hunt southern Indiana. I hunt in a Urban deer zone so my season starts Sept. 15, 2 weeks before others in the state get to hunt. The past 2 years I've had huge bucks near me. 2 years ago the arrow hit the antlers, and last year I didn't even get a draw on him. I did get a 7 ptr last year, hopfully a larger one this year. I just made the change from aluminums to carbons (Vapor Blackhawk Black 4000), love it. I also made the switch from a 2 prong rest to a whisker bisket, also great.

Good luck to all, Kardkutter88

PAhunterJEN 08-24-2004 12:19 AM

Hi guys (gals)! Female hunter here. As I said on the teams thread, I haven't gotten a buck yet but I've been successful in my three years of hunting. I was on the winning team in the gobbler contest in the spring.
I'm hunting western PA - mostly on my own 32 acres. This year my wooded land borders a nice cornfield. This is the first year the field has been planted since I moved here 7 years ago. The deer are tearing up the corn and there are some nice beaten trails leading onto my property in several places. My first choice stand is about 50-60 yards off the corner of the cornfield- down over the hill a little- they'll have to pass me to get to the funnel which leads to the creek. Last year I seen a lot of bucks with about half being legal (we have 4 point per side restrictions). There is a huge bruiser in the neighborhood that no one has taken that I know of. I've seen him once each year.
I'm due for a buck!!!

P.S. Here in PA the season starts Oct. 2

silentassassin 08-24-2004 06:33 AM

Hello gentlemen and lady! I will be hunting Arkansas only this year (most likely). I hunt a mix of both private and public ground. However, the public ground that I hunt has bigger deer than the private ground. One deer scoring over 200 non-typical came off of one of the refuges, that I hunt, last year. That particular refuge is over 20,000 acres with the majority being accessible only by boat. I also hunt two other refuges with good hunting but one of these has truely awesome bucks. This coming year will be my 16th bow season. I bow hunt about 99% of the time but I do occaisionally carry a gun in the woods. I typically spend around 200 hours in a tree stand every year. I limited out in both Arkansas and Illinois last year, killing 3 bucks (respectable but nothing spectacular) and 3 does (one of which was a bonus tag for a hunting club). My bow season starts Oct. 1 and wish every one the best of luck! (on my team ;))

wihunter402 08-24-2004 08:49 AM

Hey everyone. It will be fun to get to know all of you. I am really looking forward to this contest and this season. I have recently been diagnosed with a sever case of archery addiction (by my wife).:D I have also been accused by some on this board to being addicted to buying everything that has to do with bow hunting. That however is not true. I did NOT buy a new quiver this year. I did however buy everything else.;)

All that being said I am planning on getting some deer this fall. It is my third season on our own place (80 acres) in Richland county in southwestern WI. This is the only place I will be hunting. We are in the CWD Management zone which means I have to earn-a-buck. This past weekend I was out planting a food plot and saw 13 does and fawns and one small buck. About 4 weeks ago I had 4 very nice bucks up on the hill above the cabin. I also got a nice one on the trail camera from last Friday morning. I have them posted on the bowhunting forum already but I can post them here if any of you want. Our season here starts Sept. 18th and runs until Jan. 2nd.

I am 39 years old and started bow hunting when I was 16. When my son was born I got out of it for a while because I couldn't take him with. We took up duck and goose hunting instead. 3 years ago he decided he wanted to try bow hunting and now we don't even think about anything else. I passed up several smaller bucks last year hoping that some would make it to this season and I think that has worked. I have several vacations days planned for fall and will be spending lots of time in the trees.

Lets be sure to keep each other posted on how the season is going. The photo is a picture of me with my Turkey from last fall. It was the first one I ever got with a bow. 11.5 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. Does anyone else have a picture of themselves so we have an idea who is on the team? Just a thought.

Good luck to all of you (on Lucky 13).:D

Kardkutter88 08-24-2004 02:21 PM

Team 13
Cottonmouth
BlkLab
Kardkutter88, Southwest Indiana
Silentassassin, Arkansas
ETW
Hatchet Jack
MN Rut
Wihunter402, Wisconsin
PLB, Kaibab????
PAhunterJen, Pennsylvania

Please add your state here, copy/paste

silentassassin 08-24-2004 02:29 PM

Team 13
Cottonmouth
BlkLab
Kardkutter88, Southwest Indiana
Silentassassin, Arkansas
ETW
Hatchet Jack
MN Rut
Wihunter402, Wisconsin
PLB, Kaibab????
PAhunterJen, Pennsylvania
I think Double Creek from Mississippi is going to be replacing me.

wihunter402 08-24-2004 03:45 PM

Welcome aboard DC. Like I said I don't know why we are getting such a bad rap. I have several nice bucks on my place right now. Don't know if they will be there during the season. I stated earlier that I have over 2 weeks of vacation and weekends to use for hunting. I will be spending lots of time looking to see if they are there. Good luck and again welcome.:D

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-24-2004 03:48 PM

Per request from Silentassassin, he withdrew and first on the alternate is Double Creek.....

So Team 13

Cottonmouth
BlkLab
Kardkutter88
Double Creek
ETW
Hatchet Jack
MN Rut
Wihunter402
PLB
PahunterJen

If anyone knows for sure a fellow teammate is gone.....don't hesitate to let me know.

wihunter402 08-24-2004 03:58 PM

Sorry to "jump the string" on that one. Just glad the issue is resolved.