Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Lucky 13"   (13) Thread >

Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Wish I had a game cam... maybe I could sneak one on the credit card and the hubby won't know any better if I keep the pics a secret - could I actually keep it a secret????
I do it all the time. You could always tell him that you are borrowing it from a friend. Then after about 6 months your "friend" found a newer one that is better and sold you this "used" one for next to nothing. He'll never know what hit him.

If you look at those pics I think you will see that the first one is a different deer then the last 2. I'm pretty sure the last 2 are the same deer.

I'll see what I can do about that logo.... Wi, can I use your buck photo to possibly use for the logo?
Go for it and you can use any of the pics if you want to. I will email you the first one. If it is a different one you want then let me know.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:01 AM
PLB

Jen,

Just joking with you. I had an old Army buddy who's wife was into harley's. She drove a full sized soft-tail, while he drove a sportsters. I don't if you know about harley's, but sportster's are often refered to as "ladies bikes". I was kind of funny seeing them ride side by side with him on a bike half the size of hers.

Wihunter, I hope to shoot something half that size.

ONLY 9 MORE DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE FOR THE HUNT!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:18 PM

As for a logo... what do you guys think of this:

LUCKY 13
Luck of the Draw!

or

LUCKY 13
Is it really luck of the draw?

Think of 'draw' as in drawing back your bow.

PLB...no harm in the joking....
Old 08-30-2004, 07:29 PM

oooooooohhhhhmmmmmyyyyy 31 more days....will I make it, I just cant stand it!!!!!....argggggggg
Seen sign of a verry large deer sat. afternoon.....hmm maby I could just kick off the season early ......nope that would be wrong...oooohhhh my 31 days!!! Im not gonna make......yep still 31 days......
Old 08-30-2004, 07:47 PM

hey yall
sorry I havent checked in lately, I have been real busy between work and moving to the "sacred hunting ground" hopefully Ill be moved before Oct 1st.....yes 31 more days..lol.....I saw some killer sign this weekend.(that would be wicked sign for all you yanks...lol jk) hopefully this 27 acres in the middle of the woods Ill be living on will provide an exciting season this year!!! from what I have heard from neighbors and hunters the land I got has been virtually un disturbed for a couple of years now
so needless to say I am pumped!!! and of course if all else fails....Daddy Ill be huntin behind the barn tomorrow!!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jen,
Of those 2 I would like "Luck of the Draw". Here are some of the other ones that were mentioned earlier in this post.

Lucky 13
Twack Addicts
Twack Heads
Addicted to Twack
Team long shot
Whitetail Predators
Forget the Win, Just Hunt

See what everyone else thinks.

To all,
I emailed mnrut and blklab again. I told them that if they wanted in we would still love to have them. I also told them they had until Saturday to let us no. I guess this weekend they will assign alternates as needed. Just wanted to keep you all updated.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:14 AM

Might as well keep LUCKY 13...... I feel that since the teams were made up for two weeks now it's kinda silly to change it.
So.....for Lucky 13 I like the thought of adding "Luck of the Draw" I've made one logo with this and I have our 'screen names' listed along with it. Unless you all vote otherwise I'm gonna work on this to make it a little better then I will post it for everyone to use in their signature. I will have it ready for this weekend and hopefully we won't have to change the names due to alternate members...

33 more days to my season starts!!! I am excited! Spent some time in the woods this morning checking out the trails and clearing some branches. Once I am satisfied that everything is just right then I will stay out of the woods until the season starts.

Off to get things done...
Old 08-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds great Jen. Good news for everyone. I heard back from Blklab. He is in. He will be posting here soon. Now all we have left is MNrut. I'll keep everyone posted. He didn't mention where he hunts but I am sure he will do that here.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:10 PM

All most a full team. All right!!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:13 PM

Hello Fellow team mates. this is Ed AKA BLKLAB. Sorry I am so late to get with the program I have alot going on at work anD Home. But that is int he past and I am back to read and post. I seen alot of bios so here is mine. I am 36 and live in Nevada MO I have been bow hunting since 1997. I shot my first 2 deer that winter. I ended up shooting 2 bucks with in 15 minutes of each other. Althoug not monster they were my first 2 it has me hooked. I did not hunt allot last year due to Duck Hunting. My other addiction.
I hunt with a Hoyt Vortec and shoot 3d with my Hoyt Pro tec, I usually hunt private land But this year I am going to give the public a fair shot. I have been seeing some monsters over the past couple days. The bad deal I am sure others have seen the as well. I am anxious to get started this year our season opens 2 weeks earlier. in 16 days to be exact. So needless to say I am getting excited. I am sure we are all going to have great season and I wish the best of luck to all.

Ed

Quick Reply: Official Team "Lucky 13" (13) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.