Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread >

Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

I would ask him to leave. Is this public land? I'm assuming so.
If he won't leave nicely, take a nice dump close to his
blind.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

Socks and $hit???? Don't mess around. Take the stand and all his steps down and lay it next to the tree. Big hints not little ones usually work.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Boy that's a tough one Brastraps. I hate it when someone trys to hunt my area. I think you all should just throw in the towel and realize Elite 8 is going to win this thing.

Good luck anyway
Old 09-30-2004, 08:18 AM

OK put one on the books for us !!!! just an anterless buck..............but one for the books hope you like the trophy pic :P

Old 10-01-2004, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Here I sit, at work, on opening day. I hope that you guys are having more fun and success than me. I am hunting vicariously through all of you.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:06 AM

Don't feel bad I am right there with you. I should be able to make it out this weekend but I doubt if I will make it today. Got a big closing on Monday that is going to keep me in the office today. This Sucks!!! Good Luck guys.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:07 AM

Well I packed up the blind and left the spot, I figured its not worth the hassle. I will be back closer to the rut and do some rattling and grunting. I have some other potential spots to take a look at.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Mic, don't let it get you down. There are a lot of spots out there. If you think you had a good one then hunt it and your unwanted guest. I've over there years have learned that other hunters can help you. They push deer your way. They get the bucks focused on avoiding the other guy and not notice you.

Good luck. I want to see a big one from ND. I have a possibility to hunt that state. I'm not sure I'm ready for the cold though.[&:]
Old 10-05-2004, 12:25 PM

Well I moved out of my old spot for now. I got access to some river bottom land here in ND. Its great stuff. Went out last night with the farmer who owns it and showed me the good spots. Scouted it last night and saw tons of deer. Didnt see any really big ones but I didnt stay until sundown. But I know they are there. He even gun hunts but is still gonna let me bowhunt down there. Really nice guy. I am putting two stands up and two ground blinds tonight. I cant wait to get out and actually do some hunting down there.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:52 AM

Two nights out and no big ones yet. Did shoot a nice doe the second night. Still pretty warm around here and alot of corn in the field. When those combines start into that corn the deer movement will really pick up. Hope everyone else is having better luck at getting them spotted at least.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.