Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread >

Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:30 AM

Default RE: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

there thats a little bigger. Does that look alright?
Old 09-23-2004, 10:20 AM

works for me
Old 09-23-2004, 07:11 PM

looks good to me, I didn't mean to make you go to extra work it looked good before.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

looks great mic.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Hey fella's, sorry i have been out of touch. I have had computer problems and have just now been able to get back up and running. I am glad some of you have had a chance to get out in those trees. I am waiting patiently for my turn here in Illinois. Oct 1st is right around the corner, then let the games begin. I will miss opening weekend due to the fact that I will be Talladega bound for the race. I will be back on the 3rd at which at that point I will dedicate the first two weeks with my son. This is his first year hunting and I want so much for him to harvest a deer. Things really start to pick up good here in Illinois around the third week in October and continues to get better and better through mid November. These will be the dates that dad will be hitting it hard. So be patient with me guys and am looking forward to hearing your guys success stories. Lets have fun, be safe and lets kick some bootie!
Old 09-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well a full moon is in effect here now and I'm not seeing
any deer now until after dark. Hopefully after this full
moon passes, they'll get back to schedule.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:02 AM

I have just a little ranting, raveing and bragging to do. First of all I haven't been able to get out hunting for about a week now because I just bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab. Only 15000 miles on it. It was a pretty sweet deal. I will be broke for about 5 years but its worth it Next in my hunting spot my cousin and I have been scouting this spot since May. We have had a blind up since June and there was another guy scouting the same spot but started after us and new we were there and set up and hunting there. But the other day we were in out blind and look down the field and this jackass put up a blind in the same field as us. About 200 yards down. I was so pissed I almost walked over and tore the damn thing down. I mean the guy new we were there and still put a blind in the same field as us. What should I do? I feel like breaking his arms. I can't believe someone would do that. Anyway thanks for listening. I hope everyone's seasons are going well and you all are seeing some deer.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Is the jackass upwind or downwind?

My season opens Friday, but I am not too sure about it. It is unseasonably hot here and there is a full moon. I bet that the deer are not moving much during hunting hours. I know where they bed but I am leery about getting too close and getting busted. However, I have permission to hunt on a new parcel of private land (600 acres). I may just spend a day or two there spotting, stalking and scouting. Nobody else has hunted it for years and I KNOW it is a major yard in the winter. Wish me luck.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:21 PM

Our season opens Friday as well. Cooling off here some and the crops are being taken out fast. This is helping to move the deer around alittle. Seen a little 8 point out at 7:30 this morning which was nice to see. At least he was moving after light.

micdundee, I don't know what you can do as far as the other guy. We got a couple of spots where some other guys have tree stands. I usually just try to talk to them and see when they plan on hunting then avoid that time. Or split time with them. The main thing is that the area can be over hunted very fast. I would try to figure out where the deer will head when they figure out the area is being hunted that hard.

Good Luck
Old 09-29-2004, 11:18 AM

a couple pairs of dirty socks strategically placed around his blind should work say about 30 - 40 yards out from his blind in a large circle :P

Quick Reply: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.