Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread >

Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Swamp Dawg, just wondering where in Iowa you hunted? I have been all over the state and seen some great deer, and even better people. Let me know if you would.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:24 AM

Woodline-
My uncle farms about 5,000 acres in Rose Hill, Iowa which is about 15 minutes from Oskaloosa. I will be going back the last week of October to do a deer/pheasant combo. Hopefully by then, most of the corn will be out and the big boys will be back in the timber. Where in Iowa are you?
Old 10-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been out 7 times now....2 more since the last report. One time I saw 2 fawns and the other nothing. I STILL HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN A BUCK THIS SEASON!

Keeping at it....Cloud 9
Old 10-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

I am about 40 minutes North of Council Bluffs. There are some nice bucks around Oskie. I hope you get the chance to shoot at one of them. Good luck!
Old 10-13-2004, 12:17 PM

Hey guys, a little bit of an update.

Last night I obtained hunting rights to a large cow and chicken farm across the road from my folks place. Lots of acreage, huge fields with lots of oaks and other hardwoods separating them. And a huge swamp bordering on the backside. The landowner told me that the place was eat up with deer, and that there were several bucks, and one, "especially big one." Gonna doe a little bit of scouting, shouldn't bother the deer, they're used to the landowner being all over the place, hopefully within the next coupla' days, and find me a nice place for a stand.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:18 PM

Almost forgot, the farm hasn't been hunted in over 15 years.[8D]
Old 10-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Vernon........it only took you 15 years to get permission?
Old 10-13-2004, 06:18 PM

Nah....Never tried before. Been living too far away to do any amount of hunting over there. But I'm moving, and having a house put up on the land I bought from the same guy. My new property is 5+ acres behind where my folks live.

Maybe that fat check I gave him for the land helped him with the decision?

Matt, and thanks again for the stuff! You'll get to see what they look like when I post pictures of my buck........when I get him.[8D]
Old 10-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Had an enjoyable evening.......deer were really moving here. Saw about 10 different does/ youngsters.
Decided against a few shots at some of the mature does at about 20 yards because of some brush and didn't want to force anything.....plus I was waiting to see what antlered creatures might be trailing.
(The guy who lives in the house on the property asked me about the "Ticking Noise" he heard the night before in the field just up from my stand.....he could hear it in the house and when he hit the field with his flashlight he saw 2 nice bucks. Asked if that was the deer making the 'Ticking noise".. They must have been really going at it to hear it INSIDE the house!)
When it looked as if I was going to be shut out on bucks tonight I decided to take a mature doe, but of course none presented a good shot even as close as 5 yards. The BB's and doe fawns stood around like 3D targets though.

Great night, I think things are picking up here in PA with the recent cooler weather and various fronts moving through.

I still have yet to even SEE a shooter buck from stand, so I hope so.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stuff just isn't going very good, but I'm trying! Now I've been out 10 times and the last three times I saw nothing twice. The other time I did see the flag of the doe that busted me! Geeeees I hate that! Thats the first time being busted in the last 2 1/2 years! But still ...........I haven't seen a buck yet........luck has got to change!

Keep'in at it!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.