Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread >

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 12:40 PM

Default Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Team 5
Highcountrybruteforce
twistedarrow
wear
By23856
Shadowace
mammasboy
Pat Ely
TJF
Huntndawg7mm
Antler Eater

Just checkin in. I hunt in Western KY. Whereabouts do you guys hunt?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 5

I hunt in Eastern PA. I do have a buck scouted that should do ok on here. Just hope he stays true to his pattern for the opener on Oct 2nd
Old 08-23-2004, 02:54 PM

Centeral Ohio !!! and if i can get him close enough he will be a dandy , he has 5 drop tines!
Old 08-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Hi guys. I lease in No. Eastern MO. Around a lot of corn and beans. Hopefully I''l help us w/ a biggun!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:56 PM

I have put our locations for each team member if they hunt in the state that they registered here.

Team 5
Highcountrybruteforce --West Virginia
twistedarrow --Central Ohio
wear --Eastern Missouri
By23856 --Nebraska
Shadowace --Western Kentucky
mammasboy --Central Wisconsin
Pat Ely --Eastern Pennsylvania
TJF --North Dakota
Huntndawg7mm --Michigan
Antler Eater --Iowa

This is a very solid team: "location-wise". I don't know anything about the Whitetail populations in WV or ND, but at least we didn't get anyone from the deep south. Good Luck and post your email addresses if you want to keep up with each others hunts or we could just post under this thread for updates. Anybody got any team name suggestions or is it easier to just remember Team 5?
Old 08-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info. I was wondering where everyone was from too.

I mainly hunt No. Eastern MO and some of the Ozark region around Rolla, MO.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:30 PM

hi guys yes looks like a good team for antler size anyway i live in southeastern michigan and have a 80 acre cabin north of mt. pleasant around some farm and hardwoods with no public hunting even close all private farms in years past has been great haven't done a ton of scouting yet but i have 3 feeders on timers and going up this weekend scout and work on the food plots season here is oct 1 st so got time yet
good luck to everyone and lets go team 5!!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

O.K. guys. Good luck to everyone. We got the locations down. We have been strict QDM for nine years now.Last 5 years got 3 tens and two eights(bow).Hope I don't let you guys down this year[:-].When we win this thing, I'm buying!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Got any names thought up yet? How about "Triple B", Big Buck Boys? Better yet how about Team Four Destroyer![:-]
Old 08-23-2004, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

I still need to bag a big buck. My biggest buck kill is a 6pt. Been on some nice ones, but haven't gotten close. I've been able to set aside 12 days vacation for some hunting during the week when nobody on our lease is there.

I would suggest a team name that we can easily identify when we want to read how each other's outings have been. Something like, Team 5 Buck Busters or like mamma said "Team 5 Triple B, Big Buck Boys"

I'm going to try to head back up to the lease to see how the deer liked the trails we cut. I didn't like them too much as I just got over a caase of Poison Ivy, and Oak.[:'(]

Right now I can only have access to the web at work. I'm having a new computer built and it won't be ready until late next week.

Taking my bow in tomorrow to get a new D-Loop put on, have my peep secured(strings came loose that hold it in place), and order a half dozen arrows.

Can you tell I'm getting fired up?

Quick Reply: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.