Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread >

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Awesome deer TJF. Hope you tag a good one with the old stick and string.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:53 AM

OOOHHHH my aching back!!!! (that'll be my excuse anyway!)
Old 11-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck TJF! Congratulations!!

The picture looks as if that old boy just left the "sale barn" with an I.D. tag on and is taking a nap.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the buck TJF.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Great buck TJF! Congrats and good luck on tagging another one with the bow.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't checked in here for awhile. Anyway, the day before gun season, I went out with my boy and sat on stand. After two hours, he(9 years old) started to get antsy. We were on one of our forty acre parcels of land, which also has our camp. He walked back to camp and called me on the two way to let me know he got back ok, and said he would hang out collecting wood around camp and play his gameboy.
About 20 minutes after he left I hear a noise coming from behind me to my left. Thinking it's a squirrel, I look over to see some horns. Turns out to be a decent 8pt. This deer is downwind from me, but the sun is in my favor. I am able to get my bow off the hook, and get in position to draw. The deer passes behind a cluster of about 5 trees and I draw. I give him a "EERRRRR", he stops and I release.....I see the fletchings heading for the spot right behind the shoulder, perfect broadside shot, until....the dreaded unseen branch. The arrow is deflected into the ground 3 feet in front of the buck.
Bummer for us, but I did get a nice 8pt the next morning with my rifle. Just isn't the same shooting a deer at 60 yards with a gun as it is inside 30 with a bow. So 1 hour into gun season, my rifle is put way until next year and my mind goes back to bowhunting.
There was a lot of corn left in, so where I hunt wasn't as productive for some of the people in that area. Bow eason here in MO lasts until Jan. 15th. I should be able to get out for another 10 days of good hunting before it's over.
Had a great time with my son being up there with me. It' neat seeing him getting interested in the sport. I also think the quadrunner has alot to do with it. But hey, I don't care, as long as wee have a good time.

Good luck the rest of the bow seasons fellas
Old 11-23-2004, 11:53 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

wear

Congrats on your buck with rifle, sorry to hear about the dreaded unseen branch and it is always fun hunting with your kids. I've always been lucky with Tyler. If he gets bored, he takes a nap. Thank God he doesn't snore like I do or that could be worse then an ansty kid. LOL Goodluck on getting one with bow. Our season goes till the 1st of January. Still have a lot of time to get one and not worried yet. Last year a few of the bigger bucks started shedding the 20th of December here. I will hunt hard till then just on account of that as I expect the same to happen this year unless the weather stays mild.

Tim
Old 11-24-2004, 12:12 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Antler Eater.

I wished I could have taken a picture before tagging him but it is manditory to tag them right away. Some say the wardens are lenient for taking pictures. I won't chance that. I did move him just for a better picture then were he was shot. Was not about to take a chance of being in violation just for a picture. I should have place the tag on different so it wasn't sticking up like that. Never claimed to be a good photographer. Was hard enough keeping his head and neck propped up with a stick and Tyler's 3 legged hunting stool so that didn't show up. Was quite a few times that I had things just right... only to step back, focus the camera and his head would fall down. [:@] LOL

Tim
Old 11-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

TJF, I must have come across wrong. I thought your photo was outstanding. It looked so peaceful. Many of the photos I like the best are ones where the only subject in the picture is the animal, that is, no people.

I wasn't bothered by your tag, it just put an interesting slant on the pic. Only my tiny pea-brain would come up with a silly "sale barn" comment due to the fact that I just got done taking some tags off of a few head of horses that I bought at a sale barn.

When a guy hunts by himself, good photos can be hard to take, especially when our little contest requires the hunter to be in the picture with the kill. By far, most of my personal photos are of just the deer. Of course they are only "cool" to me. Most of the people that view them, which aren't many, think I am a little odd....imagine that.

Guys, good luck on your upcoming late archery seasons...we can still pull this off if we catch a break or two.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:28 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Antler Eater

No, your post came out just right, I was laughing about it. I was thinking the same thing when I downloaded the pictures off the camera. That tag does just jump out at you. Course when looking at the picture in the future, I won't have a problem remembering what year I shot it. LOL

I am the same way as you. I like just a picture of the deer. My reason are probably different from yours though. I have to look at my mug in the mirror everyday. Why ugly a good picture of a deer???

Say are you back to hunting with your second buck tag. Any luck yet??

Tim

Quick Reply: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.