Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread >

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:14 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

ShadowAce

I wish it was just that simple as I would rather hunt with bow since it is legal to fill my rifle buck tag with bow. No trees to speak of in this area and most everyone is drive crazy for the main method of hunting rifle season. Roadhunters are a plague since it is so open here. This buck is on private but not posted land. While I have permission to hunt it, others don't need to get permission from the land owner, the owner won't post his land and this spot will be hit the first weekend. Should the buck get away, there is no telling where he will end up going. More then likely it will be on posted land I don't have permission for that is pushed every other day by two big groups of hunters.

If I can't get him before rifle season with bow, I will be camped out hours before the noon start of rifle season, to get first crack at this small area ( 60 acres ). I want this buck. Bow or 270, I will have no problem living with the shame should I get him with the latter. He will beat either of my biggest current bow or rifle bucks. That's just me though. Sad huh?? No wonder the wife says I am too easy!! Goodluck on your hunting.

Tim
Old 10-28-2004, 11:11 PM

TJF, the conditions dictate the method. Hey, if I knew there was no other option but to take him down by gun then by god I'm packing heat!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 weeks till gun season, and the rut is picking up good here in WV. I think it's going to be very good in the next few weeks.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

It IS going to be good for a while now. Every spare moment you can get into the woods could pay off big. Doesn't matter if it is only for a half an hour.

I remember one time I had an evening hunt planned but something came up that took longer than I wanted it to. By the time I had finished the task it was late. I figured by the time I showered, got dressed, drove to my spot, I would only have 20 minutes to hunt. I went anyway. Killed a nice buck that evening too. Since then, that senario has happened a couple of more times. When the chasing phase of the rut starts conventional hunting tactics sometimes have to be thrown out the window. [&:]

Go get'em guys!!! [8D]
Old 11-01-2004, 07:51 AM

Hi guys.

Well, my folks have come and visited and I have finished their hutch, so I am free and clear to finally hunt hard. What that means is all day hunts this coming Saturday and Sunday, and if I don't get one then, it'll be all day on Thursday and Friday as well, the 11th and 12th.

The bucks are moving again after the 'October lull' around here. On Sunday morning we had a nice eight point walk behind our house. I would guess, judging from the pictures and scores on this board so far, that he would have easily been in the 110's some where, maybe low 120's. Then my dad walked up our lane to get the paper and saw a bigger one headed towards our property, but it turned and headed down the road a little further when it saw my dad. So I think a couple of all day vigils should see some success.

Good Luck everyone. Hopefully next Monday I'll be posting a picture.

-Brad
Old 11-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys! Well the early Zone-T hunt is over (does only), and now have 18 days to bowhunt during primetime! Let's "rackem" up! Good luck all!
Old 11-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like what I am reading here....with time spent on stand this time of year, it isn't a matter of if, but when!!! [8D]

We are only down by roughly 300 inches (if my math is correct 294 5/8), shoot, that can be made up a hurry. Especially if we start putting some bucks on the ground.

I will look forward with great anticipation to seeing some pics in the next couple of weeks or so with my teammates hands wrapped around some horns and a wearing a big smile.

Do it to it, gentlemen!!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a few new scent's today........didn't hunt due to the 70 degree weather....but...

Looking into tomorrow and the rest of the extended forecast....Low 30's/Upper 20's as the overnight low's, and the day time high's only 50-55 degree's!!!! The cold weather is finally here and the rut is already starting to heat up. Should be a great 3 weeks in the woods. Can't wait to update you all with some hunting new's.

Count on some company AntlerEater.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I'm heading out tomorrow night for all day hunts Thursday thru Saturday, and maybe a Sunday morning hunt. Hopefully Thursday is all I'll need.
I think it's supposed to be pretty windy Thursday, but easing up Thursday evening and Friday. Can't wait, last time out I got a button buck. And I know the bucks should be chasing does and more active. It will be getting down in the mid 30s and only geting into the mid 50s. Yeah
Old 11-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Count on some company AntlerEater

WAHOO!!! LET'S GET IT STARTED!

Quick Reply: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.